Register Now
Smokey

Guardians of The Galaxy.

Anyone play this game? I started playing it on Game Pass earlier, it's pretty funny. I never seen the movies but I know of the films and characters. It's a pretty solid game to pass the time if you have game pass. I would definitely recommend checking it out, especially if you're a fan of the films.

In future, could I ask that you include store page links, trailers, cover art, publisher/developer details or something so we can identify what game specifically you're talking about? I know of at least two GOTG video games in recent years. One from Telltale in 2017;

MV5BM2U1MTRkY2MtNzMwYS00MjcxLWFmYjktMzI3NjhkZDdjNTcwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjMxNzQ2NTQ@._V1_.thumb.jpg.fab8c8892b056bf0241c3b27ba09dac8.jpg

And another from Eidos-Montréal/Square Enix 2021:

marvel-guardians-of-the-galaxy-button-1623829836684.thumb.jpg.7ba8d251c05515fa5a8d1e69326a105d.jpg

I'm going to assume you're talking about the 2021 game because that's the one I found on GamePass, but I make no apologies if I've got it wrong. While I'm at it, would it be fair to ask people when they start a new topic to put a little more effort into it than this? Two vague sentences with no artwork, videos or anything is hardly likely to inspire a deep, busy conversation. Take a little pride in what your doing as the author of a thread, please.

I haven't played it, nor did I feel very encouraged to given how the same publisher made such a mess of that Avengers game, but the game have a very positive rating on Steam and generally favourable reviews. At the time of typing this, it's also discounted, so this could be the time to give it a try. So here I go, 85GB to download. Yes, this going to take a while, but I'm optimistic that it will be worth it.

Edited by Shagger

Considering Smokey stated it was a game on GAME PASS and there is only one on game pass I'd say that's self explanatory. 

I haven't played the game myself or seen the movies but it's not the first time I've played a game and not seen the movies. Might check this out see what it's like over the Christmas period. 

1 hour ago, Shortie said:

Considering Smokey stated it was a game on GAME PASS and there is only one on game pass I'd say that's self explanatory. 

Yes, the 2021 game is (currently) on Game Pass and the 2017 game is not (currently) on Game Pass. It is very fortunate that's true, otherwise it would be impossible to tell what game this was in reference to. Either way, @Smokey mentioning Game Pass was not a deliberate attempt to make it clear what game this was in refence to, and why would @Smokey do that to clarify this? Anyone blessed with both the knowledge there was at least one other GOTG game and even a modicum of common sense would not have relied on that to make it clear. They would art covert art, year of release, link to a store page (For the record, that's what I would do), post a trailer, mention what developer/publisher was behind it, not say "I played it on Game Pass". The only reason that helped was dumb luck.

So no, @Smokey, you nor anyone else can use the research I did for you as retroactive excuse for piss poor effort you in making your own thread clear. As the thread author, I shouldn't have to do that for you. Mentioning Game Pass made it possible to figure it out what game it, but not only was it complete fluke because the other game just happens to not be on Game Pass right now, it also doesn't serve the purpose in the long term. What if we get a situation in the future that both games end up on Game Pass. Or if the 2021 game leaves Game Pass? Both of you read the OP again and tell me honestly that you would be able to tell what game @Smokey was talking about if either of those things were to happed. Exactly, you can't. Hell, you can't tell what this was in refence to right now just by reading OP, no without doing your own research into what GOTG games are on Game Pass. Much like I did and spared everybody else the trouble. For that, you are welcome @Smokey, but be honest because the truth is plain to see. You failed to clarify what game you were referring to because either;

1. You didn't know about another Major GOTG game.
  2. Couldn't care if there was and was happy to lazily put up a very vague topic up.
  3. Or both

Like I said, in the future I expect you to start new threads with same care and effort put into them. I'm not saying it needs to be like one of my infamous reviews with video clips and screenshots that take a day to write, just something clear and concise.

And @Shortie, I know you've got some sort of issue with me, but believe it or not I have no issue with you. I massaged you one time over a very minor thing and now you're on a bloodhunt for some reason. Following my posts around to then pounce on them and take the opposite stance just to provoke me is pathetic. Just like here, you will inevitably get tripped up and say something that makes no sense and just makes you look foolish because when one writes a forum post in anger, one never thinks it through. I've been in you position myself and it never ends well. So for your own sake, not mine, drop this vendetta and just enjoy the forum.

Either way, discussion on this issue is closed. It's clear what game this was about, it was clear before @Shortie's spiteful and completely unnecessary provocation, we can all move on.

Edited by Shagger

12 hours ago, Shagger said:

Yes, the 2021 game is (currently) on Game Pass and the 2017 game is not (currently) on Game Pass. It is very fortunate that's true, otherwise it would be impossible to tell what game this was in reference to. Either way, @Smokey mentioning Game Pass was not a deliberate attempt to make it clear what game this was in refence to, and why would @Smokey do that to clarify this? Anyone blessed with both the knowledge there was at least one other GOTG game and even a modicum of common sense would not have relied on that to make it clear. They would art covert art, year of release, link to a store page (For the record, that's what I would do), post a trailer, mention what developer/publisher was behind it, not say "I played it on Game Pass". The only reason that helped was dumb luck.

So no, @Smokey, you nor anyone else can use the research I did for you as retroactive excuse for piss poor effort you in making your own thread clear. As the thread author, I shouldn't have to do that for you. Mentioning Game Pass made it possible to figure it out what game it, but not only was it complete fluke because the other game just happens to not be on Game Pass right now, it also doesn't serve the purpose in the long term. What if we get a situation in the future that both games end up on Game Pass. Or if the 2021 game leaves Game Pass? Both of you read the OP again and tell me honestly that you would be able to tell what game @Smokey was talking about if either of those things were to happed. Exactly, you can't. Hell, you can't tell what this was in refence to right now just by reading OP, no without doing your own research into what GOTG games are on Game Pass. Much like I did and spared everybody else the trouble. For that, you are welcome @Smokey, but be honest because the truth is plain to see. You failed to clarify what game you were referring to because either;

1. You didn't know about another Major GOTG game.
  2. Couldn't care if there was and was happy to lazily put up a very vague topic up.
  3. Or both

Like I said, in the future I expect you to start new threads with same care and effort put into them. I'm not saying it needs to be like one of my infamous reviews with video clips and screenshots that take a day to write, just something clear and concise.

And @Shortie, I know you've got some sort of issue with me, but believe it or not I have no issue with you. I massaged you one time over a very minor thing and now you're on a bloodhunt for some reason. Following my posts around to then pounce on them and take the opposite stance just to provoke me is pathetic. Just like here, you will inevitably get tripped up and say something that makes no sense and just makes you look foolish because when one writes a forum post in anger, one never thinks it through. I've been in you position myself and it never ends well. So for your own sake, not mine, drop this vendetta and just enjoy the forum.

Either way, discussion on this issue is closed. It's clear what game this was about, it was clear before @Shortie's spiteful and completely unnecessary provocation, we can all move on.

I haven't played the game for myself, as I've hkind of held off on it. It's on PS Plus aswell but the filesize is so large that I've not found a good time to dedicate a day to try it out. I've heard good things though, and that it's supposed to be some kind of sleeper hit.

Edited by Shagger

I haven't played it myself because I'm traumatized from how bad the Marvel's Avengers game was a few years ago so I haven't gone anywhere near it. 

19 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

That being said
I haven't played the game for myself, as I've hkind of held off on it. It's on PS Plus aswell but the filesize is so large that I've not found a good time to dedicate a day to try it out. I've heard good things though, and that it's supposed to be some kind of sleeper hit.

I'm always skeptical of Superhero games and with how badly Marvel's Avengers did, I'm definitely giving it time before I go anywhere near it.

Avengers campaign was fun as hell, come on people. And so based on that alone, and childhood love of all things Marvel, I bought GotG when it went on sale. And it was fun as hell despite not being a pure action game. And ran into one glitch where the huddle broke and froze the game. But otherwise, one of those games I'd recommend to all game lovers to remind us what a fun game is like.

On 12/20/2022 at 8:51 PM, Smokey said:

Anyone play this game? I started playing it on Game Pass earlier, it's pretty funny. I never seen the movies but I know of the films and characters. It's a pretty solid game to pass the time if you have game pass. I would definitely recommend checking it out, especially if you're a fan of the films.

Coming back to this thread. I watched the GotG Holiday Special and had a great time, so I was inspired to install the game on PS5 and check it out (It was only 31gb!) and after playing the first two stages I can say that it definitely feels really fun. I really like the little dialog systems where you can join in on the banter, and the combat feels really good!

On 12/24/2022 at 7:35 PM, Tonberry said:

Coming back to this thread. I watched the GotG Holiday Special and had a great time, so I was inspired to install the game on PS5 and check it out (It was only 31gb!) and after playing the first two stages I can say that it definitely feels really fun. I really like the little dialog systems where you can join in on the banter, and the combat feels really good!

Yeah, I liked the dialogue system choices. I'm not too deep into it and I haven't 'replayed' it yet so I don't know if the dialogue choices effect anything deeper in the game. I might look it up and see if that's the case, as I really like when games do that.

I downloaded it from Gamepass a while back, played maybe 30 minutes to an hour and then never touched it again. It's a fun game, I just didn't feel invested in it like I had hoped. Eventually I will come back to it and give it another go, but for now I just don't have any interest in playing it. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I downloaded it from Gamepass a while back, played maybe 30 minutes to an hour and then never touched it again. It's a fun game, I just didn't feel invested in it like I had hoped. Eventually I will come back to it and give it another go, but for now I just don't have any interest in playing it. 

I can definitely see that happening.  I think it's a game i'll keep in the backburner for achievements, slowly go through it when I need the 3 achievements for the week, similar to what I did with the walking dead telltale games.