Register Now
Kane99

Gamer has largest collection of games worth up to $2.1 million

Man I wish I had a collection like this, or even a quarter of the collection he has. Antonio Romero Monteiro owns the biggest gaming collection known so far. Worth at least $2.1 million, that price could eventually change depending on the market. 

Anyway, he amassed this collection starting all the way back when he was a kid in 1987, at just the age of 10. He says he has a collection of around 24,268 games. Now only does he have the largest collection of video games in general, he also holds the record for the largest collection of Xbox items, the largest collection of Sega items, the largest collection of Nintendo items, and the largest collection of PlayStation items. 

He also protects his collection by using climate control in his home, so that the inevitable erosion of some retro games won't happen as quickly. 

Read more about his collection and see pictures here: https://wonderfulengineering.com/this-texas-gamer-has-the-largest-video-game-collection-in-the-world-worth-2-1-million/

Wowzers! It's every gamers dream to have a collection like this for sure! I would personally love to be able to have a collection like this but my pocket would unfortunately cry if I tried. Can only imagine how much it would be worth if and when the market changes. That is sure dedication! 

On 12/24/2022 at 7:52 AM, Empire said:

Just WOW, I mean who would he buy every single game, I mean doesn't he even play them all 😛 Or just love collectiong. 

I also wonder if he has played them all or are most of them just collector's items for his collection.

One thing to consider, is how much he had to insure his collection for. Being $2.1 million, he'd be crazy not to insure it from potential damages. A single fire could destroy everything he owns too and he'd be out of everything. 

Kinda makes me wonder if more gamers insure their collection from damages. I have a small collection, but I doubt it'll hurt to insure what I do have. 

Wow, that is an incredible collection 😮 .

Wouldn't surprise me if his collection increased in value over the years... the vast majority of them will probably never be worth much, but I suspect a few will increase in value dramatically! 

I wonder if he owns the rarest Sonic titles...  my main focus is to own every Sonic title but I know I'm not going to be able to obtain at least three of them. (Sonic 2 in 1 on the Game Gear is extremely rare, I know Sonic fans who have pretty much every title but that one. Sonic Spinball on the Master System is very hard to come by, especially here in the states since the Master System didn't do that well here... Heck pretty much all the SMS titles are going to be difficult for me to get. :S) My collection is only worth around $1,000 according to Gameeye. (I'm not selling anything though. :P) He's lucky to have all these titles! It's also cool that he's trying his hardest to preserve these games and protect them from disc/bit rot. Climate control is definitely a huge factor, but unfortunately even games kept in good condition can suffer from bit/disc rot over time. :S

13 hours ago, Ravenfreak said:

I wonder if he owns the rarest Sonic titles...  my main focus is to own every Sonic title but I know I'm not going to be able to obtain at least three of them. (Sonic 2 in 1 on the Game Gear is extremely rare, I know Sonic fans who have pretty much every title but that one. Sonic Spinball on the Master System is very hard to come by, especially here in the states since the Master System didn't do that well here... Heck pretty much all the SMS titles are going to be difficult for me to get. :S) My collection is only worth around $1,000 according to Gameeye. (I'm not selling anything though. :P) He's lucky to have all these titles! It's also cool that he's trying his hardest to preserve these games and protect them from disc/bit rot. Climate control is definitely a huge factor, but unfortunately even games kept in good condition can suffer from bit/disc rot over time. :S

I'm somewhat like that with Zelda games. I have virtually all of them, including 3 ROM-hacks, but I'm not really trying to collect them all intentionally. I just love the franchise so damn much, that I tend to buy every game as soon as it released. Off the top of my head, there's a couple that I have zero interest in. Cadence Of Hyrule and Hyule Warriors being two of them. There's probably others (very few) that I won't be picking up. The abominations on the CD-i are definitely out.

Hell, I even have the cartoon series on DVD.