Register Now
DC

Surprise gifts or not?

I'm very specific about gifts I want. I even say that if I didn't ask for it then don't get it. Because I'd take a $20 fun game any day over a $100 sweater. I also like to give people gifts they ask for. I don't like it when people dictate gifts and get something different than what was asked for. Like why didn't you get me the tea I wanted and instead get me a razor because you think I need a shave. I'll just add it to my other 10 razors. Anyways...I got Dying Light 2 and Saints Row cause I asked for it!!! Yesssss

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

@Rain Dew always asks me what I want, and I do the same with her. It's just a way to simplify things instead of sitting there thinking "Uhhhh.... Which one? If I pick that one, she's gonna send me right back out here. That one she'll break my spine." So we just ask for a list of some things we want. I have several Amazon lists of shit I want, so I sometimes just point her in that direction. She does the same.

I always like to get gifts and keep them as a surprise as I feel them knowing takes away the joy of giving. In some cases, my kids tend to find out what they are getting but I always try to make them believe they will not  be getting something even if they are to try and keep the excitement and surprise there. 

I love it when a gift is a surprise but sometimes I like to know what I am getting. 

When it comes to Christmas time, I prefer my gifts to be a surprise, so I give my mum a little list and she can pick anything to get me from there and something that is not on the list that she knows I'd love.