Register Now
Shortie

What have you found is your best method that works when bettering your gaming skills?

When it comes to gaming, no matter what game it is you will always want to better your gaming skills to do better every time you play. Everyone is different when it comes to finding methods and ways that their gaming skills could be bettered and something that works for one person might not work for another.

What have you found is your best method for bettering your gaming skills in say a specific game or several games? Is this a method you always turn to?

I myself find that if I look at what I did when I failed in say an online game and then analyze how I could have done better and work towards that, I find that my gaming becomes better. Also the more I play using that strategy to better myself, the more I find I get better at the game in hand. For example, Fortnite, there have been so many times I have failed and lost even when being in the final 2. I looked at what I did when I failed to win and changed what I did, the more I played the more I got used to other methods to get a win. 

Just playing longer. It really comes down to practice, practice and more practice. And practice can be playing the game like you normally would. I think the best thing you can do to learn a game, is to play it. Really no better way. :D 

If you're practicing for something like an esports league, than that's a different story I think. That takes a lot more time and dedication, usually to just one game. 

Deep breathing. Everytime I get my heart rate going over 100 in a multiplayer game I always deep breathe to help me relax and I always perform better when I'm relax. Ain't all people perform better when they're relax?

But then again I only play the same games everyday and not mixed it up Xd 

On 1/3/2023 at 9:33 PM, killamch89 said:

For me, it's just playing longer and staying completely focused on the game I'm playing.

For sure, key I feel is to stay focused, play longer if you can and also to analyze mistakes you make as well to get better yourself. It's never easy and takes a lot of dedication to get better at a game but if it's a game you enjoy, it can make it that much easier. 

On 1/17/2023 at 5:03 PM, Shortie said:

For sure, key I feel is to stay focused, play longer if you can and also to analyze mistakes you make as well to get better yourself. It's never easy and takes a lot of dedication to get better at a game but if it's a game you enjoy, it can make it that much easier. 

Yeah, I also try to have a lot of backup strategies for likely scenarios that I may encounter when playing a particular game.

On 1/20/2023 at 4:53 PM, killamch89 said:

Yeah, I also try to have a lot of backup strategies for likely scenarios that I may encounter when playing a particular game.

This is a very good thing to do. I always find that if I fail at something in a game, being able to look at it see where I went wrong or what I could have done to make it work and then look at a strategy I could have used as well and then use it in the future if I ever come across those encounters again. 

Repetition. Do it over and over until you find your style, and know how to use it. For example, with FF8 most people are either magic users or rely heavily on their GF's. Me, the way that works for me is physical attacks. I can kick some major ass doing that. I also know how to junction magic and abilities to the point that I'm almost invincible.

So experiment, and repeat until you have your style down. It's what works for me.

Repetition is how I've gotten better over the years when it comes to playing difficult games. Just a few weekends ago I made it farther than I ever had in The Revenge of Shinobi. I would often give up when I couldn't make it past the first half of the second stage. This time I decided to push through and keep trying, and eventually I finally beat that dang level! I made it to stage 4 but the boss annoyed me and I was getting hungry so I stopped playing. I would try and rush through the game too, and I would often miss a jump or get killed by a enemy and I think this is another reason why I never made it far in the game growing up.

On 7/30/2023 at 3:44 AM, Ravenfreak said:

Repetition is how I've gotten better over the years when it comes to playing difficult games. Just a few weekends ago I made it farther than I ever had in The Revenge of Shinobi. I would often give up when I couldn't make it past the first half of the second stage. This time I decided to push through and keep trying, and eventually I finally beat that dang level! I made it to stage 4 but the boss annoyed me and I was getting hungry so I stopped playing. I would try and rush through the game too, and I would often miss a jump or get killed by a enemy and I think this is another reason why I never made it far in the game growing up.

Repetition is a good way to better your skills at a game. I can see how that would work in some games, in fact probably all games if you use it correctly as well as adding in things such as strategy as well if that is needed. 

Time, dedication and repetition is definitely a great way to get better at a game, I find writing down tips when I fail as well can also help a lot in me getting better the next time. 

Playing often and practicing regularly are crucial for getting better at gaming. Make sure to set aside specific time to play and push yourself to improve. You can also gain valuable insights by observing skilled gamers through streaming, tutorials, or recorded gameplay. Take note of their techniques, strategies, and decision-making to enhance your own skills.

Consistent practice, analyzing gameplay, watching tutorials, studying game mechanics, and seeking feedback from skilled players are effective methods for improving gaming skills. Additionally, maintaining a positive mindset, staying focused, and learning from mistakes contribute to progress.

Practice. Looking at guides or gameplay to help see how you could improve. I always struggle logging into a FPS game for example, but after a few warm up matches I get back into the game and it's easier. Changing up your gameplay in the middle can help you. Especially playing against other plays, sometimes you have to analyze what they are doing and see what you could do to counter that.