Register Now
Techno

2022 games that are underrated

Agents of Mayhem. I think people were expecting another Saints Row when it came out and that's not really what this game this is. It's a superhero action RPG-lite with lots of humor. and also the The Long Dark. I’ve prob put 100 hours into it. I thought I liked survival games and I’m pretty sure I just like The Long Dark. Helps that Hinterland is “good guy dev” to the absolute max and has been pushing free updates for years. I believe it might switched to some paid dlc soon but actually at the behest of the player community. The story is solid but I love just getting lost in the survival/sandbox mode.

I would definitely have to say Rumbleverse was one. I remember this being released a few months ago and even though there were a few streamers that played it, it was never a game that really took off to be honest even though it was quite a good game. Multiversus was also another game that seemed to start off okay with a lot of people playing it and then it seemed to die out and I never really see many people playing it now. 

10 hours ago, Empire said:

Agents of Mayhem. I think people were expecting another Saints Row when it came out and that's not really what this game this is. It's a superhero action RPG-lite with lots of humor. and also the The Long Dark. I’ve prob put 100 hours into it. I thought I liked survival games and I’m pretty sure I just like The Long Dark. Helps that Hinterland is “good guy dev” to the absolute max and has been pushing free updates for years. I believe it might switched to some paid dlc soon but actually at the behest of the player community. The story is solid but I love just getting lost in the survival/sandbox mode.

Are you sure you're not confusing Agents of Mayhem with the new Saints Row? Agents of Mayhem came out 5 years ago same with The Long Dark. I think the topic is mainly meant for 2022 releases that were underrated. But if that's all you played I suppose that works. 

One game from 2022 that I played for a bit and enjoyed, was Shredders. I felt like there was a lot going with this game, and I eventually want to check back into it. The controls were great, gameplay was great, graphics look great etc. Sadly I haven't played too many games from 2022 itself. 

On 12/29/2022 at 4:45 PM, Kane99 said:

One game from 2022 that I played for a bit and enjoyed, was Shredders. I felt like there was a lot going with this game, and I eventually want to check back into it. The controls were great, gameplay was great, graphics look great etc. Sadly I haven't played too many games from 2022 itself. 

You mean that snowboarding game? Funny enough, I was just about to mention it. I think it's a fantastic game as well with very little flaws but it just doesn't have that X-factor to make it stand out so I can see why people overlooked it. Symphony of War for the Nintendo Switch is one that also got overlooked because it has the RPG style of Fire Emblem from the GBA days - it also has a very deep story and some very interesting characters.

One I do want to add which I thought would have been highly popular, more popular than it seems to be at the moment is the new Saints Row game. I remember getting a code for this game as a content creator to be able to stream and make content on the game and even though I played it and did enjoy it, I haven't felt the urge to go back like I have with other Saints Row games. I like the fact that they changed things up a bit but to be honest, I feel they changed things when people didn't want to see a change. 

On 2/2/2023 at 11:01 AM, The Blackangel said:

There's a snowboarding game I missed????

Sonofabitch, I have to pay more attention. I have a ton of snowboarding games, but am always on the lookout for more. I was a snowboarder as a kid, and with a little more practice I could have gone pro. Damn I miss it.

Yeah, Shredders is a pretty good game but it does have a slight learning curve (at least in my experience) but it's actually a solid game.