Register Now
Smokey

Original Gamertag?

Do you remember your original gamertag? My first experience with Xbox Live was in 2013 when I bought a 360 before the Xbox One came out.  My first gamertag was my handle here with PSO at the end of it as I ran a private server for Phantasy Star Online at the time. I since changed it twice, once to reflect my now defunct clan and my current handle.

Oh god no. I think on my Xbox 360 my gamertag was something like devast8in Dave or something along those lines. But the original Xbox I never really played online through Xbox live. I only ever played an Xbox via ethernet with others friends at a LAN party. 

But yeah, what I mentioned above was my first actual gamertag. But other than that, I don't remember what I chose as my name for other online games. Wish I could remember what my name was on games like Runescape when I actually played the game. But I was like 13 when I last played it, so I couldn't tell you the name. 

I do remember my original gamer tag very well, still to this day I don't know why I chose it to be honest but I want to say it is because I couldn't have what I wanted outright so I went for this one instead and it was lilnikki86

I eventually changed it to have my username Shortie and then added 861 to it being that just Shortie was taken. It is now ShortieLive being that I also live stream and make content so it fits. 

I remember when I joined my first every video game forum, my username there was VideoGameKing or something along those lines. I know for a fact I used that name in Star Craft when I was a kid, but I don't think I ever used the name after that haha. I guess you could say I thought I was a pro at video games, when in reality I don't think I ever was lol. 

On 1/24/2023 at 11:12 PM, Kane99 said:

I remember when I joined my first every video game forum, my username there was VideoGameKing or something along those lines. I know for a fact I used that name in Star Craft when I was a kid, but I don't think I ever used the name after that haha. I guess you could say I thought I was a pro at video games, when in reality I don't think I ever was lol. 

I think we all go through a phase like that where we may be good at a certain game and we instantly believe we are pros at video games. I used to be the same when I was younger, if I was really good at a game or I did well in a game I would instantly think I was a pro even though I wasn't all that great at all. LOL

Mine was yoyo9348. Yoyo because I had a phase in my early teens where I though yo-yos were really cool (I knew like 3 tricks), 93 because it's the year I was born, and 48 because I guess I just thought it was a cool number. Makes perfect sense, I know. 

On 5/4/2023 at 11:10 PM, Anders said:

Mine was yoyo9348. Yoyo because I had a phase in my early teens where I though yo-yos were really cool (I knew like 3 tricks), 93 because it's the year I was born, and 48 because I guess I just thought it was a cool number. Makes perfect sense, I know. 

I remember the yo-yo phase 🙂 was one I went through as well so does explain why you would use a a gamertag that associates with that back then 🙂

On 5/26/2023 at 9:44 PM, killamch89 said:

In my early teens, mine was trollbait666 because I used to troll a lot in online multiplayer games (still do). Just creating total chaos in-game and being called all kinds of names for consistently letting down my teammates.

I remember the trolling was popular back in the early years of gaming. It's not so bad now and we do get it occasionally still but it's not something I would see people associate with their gamertag now. 

I guess it is a good thing we can change gamertags as when you are younger, you do tend to go for something you would later regret.

I first used TheRavenfreak, but I couldn't remember my password so when I got my Xbox 360 hooked up to Xbox Live, I just went with DARKSOUL12 and use that account still to this day. I have a second account since I forgot my Microsoft login for my DARKSOUL12 account. :V It's just a randomly generated username, I'm probably going to try and change it though.

On 8/27/2023 at 12:39 AM, Ravenfreak said:

I first used TheRavenfreak, but I couldn't remember my password so when I got my Xbox 360 hooked up to Xbox Live, I just went with DARKSOUL12 and use that account still to this day. I have a second account since I forgot my Microsoft login for my DARKSOUL12 account. :V It's just a randomly generated username, I'm probably going to try and change it though.

Are you still able to change your first gamertag that they give you for free still? I know they offered this option a while back when they gave you a random gamertag so that you could make it unique and your own. 

If I remember correctly, I think my original gamer tag was ToniLeigh2012. Then I ended up getting another account which is the same account I use now. The gamer tag I started with on there was Potatogirl05... I don't know what I was thinking, lol. My gamer tag now is svjiminfxv. So much better.