Register Now
Smokey

Hitman VR

I'm a big fan of the Hitman series and recently found a youtube channel that posts clips of them playing Hitman in VR and I gotta say, it's making me wanna get a VR headset. Maybe it's my inner crazy person, but it looks fun taking out your targets in virtual reality, if I'm honest. 😄

Here's a video showing it off:

Edited by Smokey

Hitman is one of the games I want to try in VR, just because it looks like it'd be so much more fun to play in. Standard Hitman is fun stuff too, but in VR it's gotta be a blast. Hitman is the type of game you'd expect VR to one day be supported too, so I'm glad it happened. 

More Hitman VR please. :) 

4 hours ago, Smokey said:

Yeah. It's one of the reasons I'd look into getting a VR headset personally, just not sure which one I should go with.

I think the cheapest headset on the market is probably the Meta Quest 2. The 128gb model for example is $399. But if you want anything better, it's going to cost even more I imagine. 

30 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I think the cheapest headset on the market is probably the Meta Quest 2. The 128gb model for example is $399. But if you want anything better, it's going to cost even more I imagine. 

Yeah. I'm not sure if I want a Quest or if I should just wait for the PSVR2 from Sony.

17 hours ago, Smokey said:

Yeah. I'm not sure if I want a Quest or if I should just wait for the PSVR2 from Sony.

That's fair. You could get the current PS4 VR and play Hitman 3 VR that way. But I understand wanting to wait for the new VR headset to drop, as it'd probably be worth it to just wait for the new one anyway. Would be nice if the new VR headset worked with the PS4 or even PC. That'd be cool. 

18 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

That's fair. You could get the current PS4 VR and play Hitman 3 VR that way. But I understand wanting to wait for the new VR headset to drop, as it'd probably be worth it to just wait for the new one anyway. Would be nice if the new VR headset worked with the PS4 or even PC. That'd be cool. 

Yeah people want it to work w/ PC. That'd be awesome. I don't got hitman on PS5 but it's often on sale cheap so picking it up to do VR wouldn't be too difficult. 

I can't wait to have a Quest 2 someday, cause i'll put it on and spend some time in this level. What a amazing scenario. About the conversations, we already have voice deep fake program, which only need 15 seconds of your voice to generate any dialog with the same tune and such. Can you imagine if this Hitman had this tecnology? That would be even more amazing.

On 1/22/2023 at 10:18 PM, killamch89 said:

Honestly, that looks like a lot of fun - killing targets in first person is a lot more immersive.

What I also like about it, is that it looks like it may be easier to play in VR. With the way the AI works, it doesn't seem to recognize you as easy. Also, it looks like using your hands will be a lot easier to dispatch enemies than knocking them out the traditional way. I just want to go in, judo chop everyone. I think that would be so fun to do haha. 

On 1/24/2023 at 1:32 PM, Kane99 said:

What I also like about it, is that it looks like it may be easier to play in VR. With the way the AI works, it doesn't seem to recognize you as easy. Also, it looks like using your hands will be a lot easier to dispatch enemies than knocking them out the traditional way. I just want to go in, judo chop everyone. I think that would be so fun to do haha. 

Nah, I'd be far more stealthy taking them out one by one and probably trigger some kind of fire alarm or something to create total chaos to make my grand exit.