Register Now
Kane99

Nintendo doesn't have to recreate the wheel with their next console

I watched a video recently about how it's time for Nintendo to make a new Switch, and not a new one with a fancier screen, but one with updated hardware so that it can better compete against the Sony and Microsoft. The interesting thing I heard from the video, is that Nintendo doesn't have to create a brand new console with brand new gimmicks and ideas. They already have something perfect with the Switch, in that they can make a new one with better hardware and fans would still buy it up. 

I think it was ReviewTechUSA, video below. He mentions that they could just make a new Switch with better hardware. No need to make something fresh and innovative when you already have something that works. As well, if they are worried about a name, he mentioned naming it Super Switch to coincide with Super Nintendo. Or they could name it Switch 2 or something like that. 

What do you guys think? Time for a Switch 2/ Super Switch? :) 

I agree. a New Switch w/ better hardware, make it backwards compatible w/ the original Switch games would be a huge bonus, but I would say 4K is a must and they should focus on better graphics for this new model, at least to some extent.  They definitely need to hit 4K 60 or 4K 30 steadily, at the very least.

Edited by Smokey

Nintendo also has to improve their pro controller. A headphonejack and microphone for audio would be awesome similar to the dualsense. Also better audio through Bluetooth. And especially the wifi chip needs a big upgrade. For the storage it would be better for Nintendo to use ssd storage. Devs would heavily benefit from the speeds to make the games look and run better. Also the expandable storage should be ssd and micro sd. All of this tech is pretty affordable and very doable especially if nintendo plans on releasing it after 2023

As much as I love the Nintendo Switch currently, I would absolutely love to see a newer Switch with better hardware where games could run just as well as they do on the Xbox and PlayStation. That would really open Nintendo up for more people I feel and would also help them with sales of their consoles a lot more than now. Don't get me wrong, the Nintendo Switch did sell and it sold well but something with a lot better hardware would probably be received by so many more. 

23 hours ago, Shortie said:

As much as I love the Nintendo Switch currently, I would absolutely love to see a newer Switch with better hardware where games could run just as well as they do on the Xbox and PlayStation. That would really open Nintendo up for more people I feel and would also help them with sales of their consoles a lot more than now. Don't get me wrong, the Nintendo Switch did sell and it sold well but something with a lot better hardware would probably be received by so many more. 

They could do that with a switch 2.0. if the steam deck can get most games playing from your steam library, I'm sure they could produce a more super up switch, in the same form factor even. A redesign may be needed, but I could see them matching what the steam deck or the new steam deck does. 

I think if it matches what the steam decks can do, it doesn't need to necessarily match the same hardware as other current consoles.