Register Now
Kane99

Square Enix President's New Year Letter Mentions Blockchain 14 Times

Well it looks like Square Enix is still interested in working with blockchain and NFTs. CEO Yosuke Matsuda does not seem to want to let NFTs go, as he is said to still be interested in NFTs and Blockchain tech, and thinks it's going to be the future of Square Enix. 

Honestly I think this is just going to blow up in their faces. I don't see NFTs ever working out in the long run. And I find it dumb that Matsuda still wants to support it after other studios have dropped the idea. What do you think of this? Do you think this will hurt Square Enix? Or will it somehow benefit them? 

You can read more about this here: https://www.thegamer.com/square-enix-president-new-year-letter-blockchain-nft/

From what I've herd ff14 has basically been funding all of their failures recently. They've Lunched like 7 Jrpgs in 3 months last year (harvestella, star ocean, tactics ogers, etcetera) part of me thinks it was intentional so the Cao could convince the rest of the board to take in ESG. So he could promote those games down the line with enhanced editions.

They have to learn the hard way. When you sponsor something that has questionable value like NFT's which has repeatedly had a loss after loss, then your marketing becomes forced with little mind to your customers. Why not have their customers vote on it. And if Square Enix ignores the result, that would be bad business. And if it is what their customers want, then who can complain. I'd rather we choose instead of forcing it. Or they could just go old school and do whatever they want and wait for backlash. lol

On 1/12/2023 at 3:41 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

They have to learn the hard way. When you sponsor something that has questionable value like NFT's which has repeatedly had a loss after loss, then your marketing becomes forced with little mind to your customers. Why not have their customers vote on it. And if Square Enix ignores the result, that would be bad business. And if it is what their customers want, then who can complain. I'd rather we choose instead of forcing it. Or they could just go old school and do whatever they want and wait for backlash. lol

Ubisoft and others have been feeling the results of repeatedly making poor decisions over the past decade and now they're having to cancel lots of upcoming titles and laying off staff after suffering huge losses.