Register Now
Shortie

Do you feel mobile gaming will get better over time?

Right now mobile gaming is as popular than ever with games like Call of Duty and even Apex Legends making it to mobile which has become quite popular since they were released on mobile. With games like this on mobile is there a possibility that gaming on mobile will only get even more better over time? Technology is always changing and always getting better, how long do you think it will be before we see better quality gaming on mobile?

Technology isn't the issue, it's the "greed over gameplay" design of most of the games on mobile.  it's almost entirely freemium games that are loaded with microtransactions, timers, loot boxes and a bunch of other crap.  Their motivation is based on monetisation rather than making the games actually fun and until that changes mobile gaming isn't going to get better and I don't realistically see that happening.

It'll get better when companies stop trying to add pay to win to a lot of these apps and games. If you want to level up faster, beat the game faster etc, it'll probably be better to just pay to own the game. Or don't support games with pay to win elements. 

If they did what fortnite does with their battle pass, maybe I'd consider more mobile games.

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It'll get better when companies stop trying to add pay to win to a lot of these apps and games. If you want to level up faster, beat the game faster etc, it'll probably be better to just pay to own the game. Or don't support games with pay to win elements. 

If they did what fortnite does with their battle pass, maybe I'd consider more mobile games.

Yeah, it seems that many people create these mobile games in a bid to just cash in and whilst so many people are jumping and buying into it they will continue to do it. Unless they start losing money because people avoid buying into the app when they are pay to win it could be a long while before we see mobile games getting better in that aspect. 

Mobile gaming has a long way to go from where it's at. It's a major cash grab. Every game is free pretty much and it's got mad micro transactions that entirely fucks the games build. Literally you have mobile games that you have to pay 99 cent by level 5 to get something you need to open up the game more. If somethings free it should be free with micro transactions that make you look cool and shit I can't complain about. 

On 1/19/2023 at 7:24 AM, Empire said:

Mobile gaming has a long way to go from where it's at. It's a major cash grab. Every game is free pretty much and it's got mad micro transactions that entirely fucks the games build. Literally you have mobile games that you have to pay 99 cent by level 5 to get something you need to open up the game more. If somethings free it should be free with micro transactions that make you look cool and shit I can't complain about. 

I think if they can implement cloud gaming more, much like what Xbox is doing, we'll start to see more people playing on mobile. That or they make more controller connections that make gaming on mobile more fun, in turn drawing more quality games to hopefully come out. 

You only need the game pass ultimate-subscription, a phone/tablet that is supported (most of them are) and some game work with touch-screen-controls too but a Bluetooth-controller is highly recommended. Solid internet (5G if possible) is great too, but it worked okay for me on less.

On 1/15/2023 at 2:53 PM, Kane99 said:

Fantastic point and I totally agree with you - until mobile games stop being a money pit and demanding you spend more money to enjoy the game and put more effort into making games with fantastic quality, we won't see anything changes.

On 1/22/2023 at 9:37 PM, killamch89 said:

Fantastic point and I totally agree with you - until mobile games stop being a money pit and demanding you spend more money to enjoy the game and put more effort into making games with fantastic quality, we won't see anything changes.

Sadly they never will stop. Mobile apps will continue to come out, utilizing the same scheme and methods of draining your wallet. Either it be by buying coins to buy an item in the shop, or paying to remove ads, or whatever else. 

It's gotten to the point where I don't bother with most free to play games, I just look for games that cost money and check those out instead. At least then I'm not seeing the endless ads per mission or annoying popups and long loadtimes, etc. 

Seeing how fast technology evolves, I can definitely see mobile gaming getting better over time. I mean it already has, back when I was a kid growing up in the 00's, we had Java based phones with games that really couldn't do much. They weren't as technically impressive as what handheld consoles were doing during that time. Then in the early 10's when we first got smartphones, these phones were much more capable of running apps and games. Now days, mobile titles are getting more impressive. I bet we'll be seeing more VR based games for mobile platforms in the future and they will be much more impressive than they are now.

Edited by Ravenfreak

On 1/24/2023 at 1:35 PM, Kane99 said:

Sadly they never will stop. Mobile apps will continue to come out, utilizing the same scheme and methods of draining your wallet. Either it be by buying coins to buy an item in the shop, or paying to remove ads, or whatever else. 

It's gotten to the point where I don't bother with most free to play games, I just look for games that cost money and check those out instead. At least then I'm not seeing the endless ads per mission or annoying popups and long loadtimes, etc. 

I totally agree with you and yes, I also avoid most free-to-play games as well just because of how terrible they are.

Definitely mobile gaming will get better over time. It's growing so fast within the gaming industries all around the world. Every person at least has one game in their phone now a days. Everyone plays games even if it is for a short time within a day. To grow the community of mobile gamers, the games will definitely be improved to give better gaming experience.

With AAA games coming to iPhone 15 Pro it is already supposed to start getting better. It will be fascinating to see what mobile phones are capable of in the foreseeable future in the gaming department. I want to buy the iPhone 15 Pro to play AAA games and use a controller attached to my phone to play them with. It would be an interesting experience.

Well mobile devices are getting more powerful every year. We are now having advanced processors and improved displays.
Most importantly, the advent of 5G technology has given a huge boost to mobile gaming. Since it allows for faster download speed and lower latency, mobile gaming will become smoother and more immersive.