Register Now
Shortie

How often do you use cloud gaming?

Cloud Gaming has been something that has been around for over a year now and since it's release, the stability of cloud gaming has got better for many with very little disconnection issues than there used to be when they first launched it. 

I myself only tend to now use cloud gaming if I want to play a game that is available on cloud gaming using my phone or I will also use the cloud gaming service on my Xbox to be able to play games without installing them which I think is a very cool feature. 

How often do you use cloud gaming and what are your thoughts about it now?

Internet speeds are not nearly standardized enough yet for cloud gaming to actually become mainstream, and even then there will always be egregious input delay that makes competitive games untenable. And I have not used cloud gaming as I tend to stick with the same games that I have istalled and to save money from not paying for it 😛

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

I had Xbox Gamepass for a few months and I'll just say that trying to play it on the go is a hassle as internet speeds have to be consistent for you to enjoy it on the road.

I agree, this is something they do have to work on but I think it will be a while before we see it be stable enough to be able to play when on the road or travelling anywhere. I have used it to play games in my house and also in my garden and the connection stays stable but I haven't tried it away from home on my mobile network yet, I would imagine I would more than likely have issues with it then to be honest. 

Sometimes if I'm completing a quest for Microsoft Rewards, I'll launch the cloud version of a game instead of downloading it to my hard drive. It's quicker that way and saves me space all the same 🙂

Depending on the game however, Cloud Gaming isn't always ideal.

On 1/16/2023 at 6:11 PM, Shortie said:

I agree, this is something they do have to work on but I think it will be a while before we see it be stable enough to be able to play when on the road or travelling anywhere. I have used it to play games in my house and also in my garden and the connection stays stable but I haven't tried it away from home on my mobile network yet, I would imagine I would more than likely have issues with it then to be honest. 

I tried it on Wifi while on the road and it's really impractical unless the connection is really strong. I was using it on my Samsung S8+ Tablet a few months back and it was a horrible experience.

On 1/20/2023 at 4:48 PM, killamch89 said:

I tried it on Wifi while on the road and it's really impractical unless the connection is really strong. I was using it on my Samsung S8+ Tablet a few months back and it was a horrible experience.

Many have said the same thing, being on wi-fi and on the road is always a bad experience with cloud gaming. It does make me wonder how they could improve that though as when on the road, you are bound to hit areas that give your connection issues, unless there was some way to get a dedicated connection that didn't have any issues finding a solution to those issues would be very difficult.