Register Now
Shortie

Video Game Live Streaming on TikTok

So I a few months ago found out that TikTok has finally released their live stream program called TikTok Studio and it enables streamers to go live from their PC to TikTok so they are able to bring video game streams to TikTok. From what I understand it is a good way of getting established and people have had success streaming on TikTok playing their favorite video games.

Unfortunately, due to me getting banned on my account where I had 3000 followers with no given reason at all and an 'issue' with my appeal button showing, I lost my access to be able to stream live on TikTok and I am slowly working my way back up there.

Has anyone here used TikTok studio to live stream video game content to TikTok? How have you found it?

9 hours ago, Empire said:

I just end up uploading Twitch stream clips more then anything, as it dounds great there are so many people that are streaming on Tiktok that is not even gaming related. And they get the best of the best. And you got ban...... DAMNnnnnnnnnnn How?

I only wish I knew how but it's not the first time I have heard that someone has been banned and not even been told why or what they did wrong, just told they violated community guidelines. This was exactly what I was told as well yet you see some people doing exactly that and they seem to get away with it. Still to this day I have no clue why they banned my account and I do not believe I even broke the community guidelines either as I am very careful when it comes to things like that. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be honest, I don't even really use TikTok all that much so I haven't tried it all. It's a very strange platform in terms of monetization and how they handle creators especially new ones.

I agree, they do things a little bit differently to other platforms and all too often it can be confusing with how they do things. I know many people have been able to make a living on there which is great and makes you realize it is possible if you have something to offer that is unique and people want to see. 

On 1/16/2023 at 3:52 PM, killamch89 said:

To be honest, I don't even really use TikTok all that much so I haven't tried it all. It's a very strange platform in terms of monetization and how they handle creators especially new ones.

I'm on TikTok a lot. If you give it timez it will figure out the stuff you like and will share content for you. Same with Instagram and probably YouTube shorts.

I see a lot of gaming videos on there, some streaming. But I think they mostly mirror their streams from twitch and YouTube to TikTok instead. 

It just seems like a weird concept to me... when people think of TikTok, they think of short-form content, so why would you go there to look for livestreams? 

Pretty much the only advantage of using TikTok is that it has a large built-in audience.

On 2/5/2023 at 8:08 PM, Kyng said:

It just seems like a weird concept to me... when people think of TikTok, they think of short-form content, so why would you go there to look for livestreams? 

Pretty much the only advantage of using TikTok is that it has a large built-in audience.

That's a good question. I think it's them just testing the waters to see what works. I think the majority of people on tiktok view a video and move on, and don't really stick around for long form content as much. So I don't know why game streams work. 

Tiktok live is random. One minute you'll see a woman teasing her viewers, another minute you'll see someone doing a scratch off lottery ticket and chatting with viewers, another you'll see random duet conversations and so on. It's a weird mix. 

I don't go to the live section much, but they will sometimes mix a live stream amongst your for you page. A lot of game streams that are popular are the role play ones, like people roleplaying as police in GTA V for example. 

On 2/6/2023 at 1:08 AM, Kyng said:

TikTok seem to want to branch out more to give streamers and content creators another alternative to share their content and also bring their live streams. I know under the Twitch TOS if you are a partner or an affiliate you can not restream to anywhere else but they do make an exception for TikTok so many people use TikTok with it having such a big viewer base to direct people to their Twitch streams or even YouTube streams. I have seen live streams of people playing video games with over 400 viewers which is pretty amazing. I am hoping to gain live access again myself and give TikTok a try to see how it goes. 

3 hours ago, Shortie said:

TikTok seem to want to branch out more to give streamers and content creators another alternative to share their content and also bring their live streams. I know under the Twitch TOS if you are a partner or an affiliate you can not restream to anywhere else but they do make an exception for TikTok so many people use TikTok with it having such a big viewer base to direct people to their Twitch streams or even YouTube streams. I have seen live streams of people playing video games with over 400 viewers which is pretty amazing. I am hoping to gain live access again myself and give TikTok a try to see how it goes. 

I think they're letting just about anything go up live. I've seen people streaming movies, shows, others live streams even. I streamers from all over the place doing different things. I think tiktok will eventually ban certain content. It feels like the wild west right now. 

On 2/9/2023 at 10:08 PM, Kane99 said:

I think they're letting just about anything go up live. I've seen people streaming movies, shows, others live streams even. I streamers from all over the place doing different things. I think tiktok will eventually ban certain content. It feels like the wild west right now. 

I completely agree with you. Many users of the app do follow for follow until they get to 1000 followers for live access and most of them don't even end up going live with anything entertaining or even fun yet they call themselves content creators. I have seen so many people who go live and just dance around not even dancing to anything just to be live and others are just live staring at the screen at the chat. The problem at the moment is that TikTok allows this sort of content and it will eventually drag them down so unless they change something, it's not going to get any better any time soon. 

I am not really a fan of watching gaming on TikTok. I'd much rather watch it on Twitch and YouTube if it is a live stream. I personally do respect TikTok and that it is a good platform, but I just am not a regular user of the platform. A lot of people do follow for follow on there, and it is one way they do get followers. Some people even do a 'going live' TikTok and link to their Twitch or YouTube.