Register Now
Shortie

Which game can you go back to over and over again and not get tired of?

We all have that one video game that we love to go back to no matter how old it is that we can play over and over again and not get tired of it. It could be a game from our childhood or maybe a game that we played more recently. 

What game can you go back to over and over again and not get tired of? Like no matter how many times you have played through it you can still go back to it and enjoy it like it was your first time playing?

For me it would definitely have to be Yoshi's Island, Kirbys Dreamland, Mario Kart and even Crash Bandicoot. I can go back to these games as many times as I would like and never tire of them at all and each time it's like playing the game for the first time again. I also notice when I go back to games as well, how much I missed out on others play throughs and that leads to finding new things and a new experience as well. 

I wouldn't say Pokemon games were something I would go back to but I feel I missed out on the Pokemon games on Gameboy as I never fully understood them and my brothers never took the time out to help me learn them. I would love to go back and try to learn them now if I could but getting hold of the games and the Gameboy now would either be difficult or very expensive. 

Damn, no idea. I played games for hours on end and then left and never gone back to the games till I thought about it ir whatnot. I would have to say I do go back to CSGO allot 🙂 something that I played since I got it and I do it often as I can when not streaming or want to get to shoot things up.

Railroad Tycoon II... it came out in 1998; I got it in 2002; and I still play it today 😛

I think the gameplay still holds up - and while the graphics don't exactly look 'modern', I think they've aged pretty well 🙂 

I know this is a long list, but it's mostly games I simply couldn't live without.

Any and all snowboarding games
Any God Of War
Any Dark Pictures Anthology
Any Mario Kart
Any Castlevania

Zelda (NES-N64)
Contra
SMB2
Q*Bert
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Layers Of Fear: Legacy
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
FF8
Dante's Inferno
Tell Me Why
Berzerk
Galaga
Galaxian
Dig Dug
Pitfall
Donkey Kong (NOT DKC)
Frogger
RDR2
Joust
Mario Bros.
Space Invaders
Asteroids

Sonic 3 and Knuckles is one of the games I can continue to come back to and never get tired of it. Likewise with Generation 1 of Pokemon. It's funny since Gen 3 is my favorite, but I find myself going back to Gen 1 more often than the other generations for some reason. Legend of Legaia is another title I see myself coming back to constantly, I really wish this game would get a remake someday. 😞

On 4/7/2023 at 10:26 PM, Ravenfreak said:

Sonic 3 and Knuckles is one of the games I can continue to come back to and never get tired of it. Likewise with Generation 1 of Pokemon. It's funny since Gen 3 is my favorite, but I find myself going back to Gen 1 more often than the other generations for some reason. Legend of Legaia is another title I see myself coming back to constantly, I really wish this game would get a remake someday. 😞

Even though I no longer play Pokemon, I always loved Gen 1 Pokemon - they had some of the coolest designs. I swear that some of the Pokemon I've seen in more recent series look like a 4 year old with loads of paint, markers and crayons designed them.

6 hours ago, Anders said:

My number one has to be Diablo 3. I have probably beat that game close to 10 times, and I own it for almost every platform it came out on, just missing a PS3 copy. 

Have you played Diablo Immortal? Because I don't think I've played another Diablo game since the third edition? I know that Diablo 4 is currently out but I'm not impressed by it at all.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Have you played Diablo Immortal? Because I don't think I've played another Diablo game since the third edition? I know that Diablo 4 is currently out but I'm not impressed by it at all.

I have, but not much. It's definitely nowhere as good as Diablo 3, and it's clearly just made as a cash grab. Diablo 4 doesn't come out for another month, on june 2nd. I'm very excited for it. 

19 hours ago, Anders said:

I have, but not much. It's definitely nowhere as good as Diablo 3, and it's clearly just made as a cash grab. Diablo 4 doesn't come out for another month, on june 2nd. I'm very excited for it. 

The Beta is currently out according to my friend and I've seen a bit of it and honestly, I'm keeping my expectations low because Activision Blizzard are capable of ruining highly anticipated games.