Register Now
Shortie

Do you feel Apex Legends could be a game that dies soon?

I have heard a lot of people talking about Apex Legends possibly ending up dying due to how many updates that EA tends to bring out and how much they still seem to be working on the game. I was talking to someone the other day that said they felt that Apex Legends may not have much longer left and may end up being left to die much like Titanfall 1 & 2 were by EA.

What are your thoughts on Apex Legends? Do you feel that the game will be left to die out by EA or do you feel they will keep it going into the future?

I personally love the arena mode on Apex Legends so I would hate to see the game die so soon but with EA's track record in the past, it is a possibility. 

14 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Im unaware of how many people still play apex legends, but I can't imagine it coming close to what fortnite it warzone does. I can still see it being somewhat popular among fans, but I doubt the servers are full up or people right now. 

From what I understand the game is still quite popular but it seems that the lack of updates or changes to the game are what is worrying players at the moment. I guess with EA and their track record of just letting games die off, that is what has got people worried in regards to Apex Legends. I myself love Apex Legends especially the arena mode but one thing I have always said and continue to say, I can never understand why they never brought back solo. Many people solo queue into duo's so there must be some interest in having solo back on the game I would have thought.

I don't believe so, it has a big esport following, and it seems to be good for EA, who normally does trash at multiplayer/big games outside of sports games. I'll be curious how they can keep the hype going, without having people drop off like Fortnite when they kept changing things as they did so frequently and modifying the way items/aspects worked in the game.

Edited by Syntax

On 1/15/2023 at 3:00 PM, Shortie said:

From what I understand the game is still quite popular but it seems that the lack of updates or changes to the game are what is worrying players at the moment. I guess with EA and their track record of just letting games die off, that is what has got people worried in regards to Apex Legends. I myself love Apex Legends especially the arena mode but one thing I have always said and continue to say, I can never understand why they never brought back solo. Many people solo queue into duo's so there must be some interest in having solo back on the game I would have thought.

They no longer support it with new updates and items? I figured they still did, unless they've since stopped supporting it outright?

27 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

They no longer support it with new updates and items? I figured they still did, unless they've since stopped supporting it outright?

They do still update it but it's been the quality of the updates and the changes made to the game that has had people worried it would seem. It does still have quite a big player base so in that way it will still live but many are concerned that if the quality of the updates and changes continues to lack, more people will leave the game. 

Not immediately, but from what I'm hearing, it's the typical thing with EA games where after a while they just stop putting out updates and allow the game to reach to deplorable state and then try to correct it, breaking more stuff in the process and it's a never-ending cycle.

I still can't believe that they dropped the mobile platform aspect, I feel like that in itself shows that the game is slowing dying out if not many people would play it cross platform like they did with Fortnite, or other games in that area (ex; Warzone 2 once they add the mobile apps in May).

I can definitely tell it's dying. There is only one person I know who still plays the game, anyone else that I talked to who used to play has since moved on. It wouldn't surprise me if EA will eventually let the game die, especially if it's not going to bring in any money. Especially seeing how the mobile version will be shutting down next month... that's usually never a good sign.

On 4/6/2023 at 7:31 PM, Ravenfreak said:

I can definitely tell it's dying. There is only one person I know who still plays the game, anyone else that I talked to who used to play has since moved on. It wouldn't surprise me if EA will eventually let the game die, especially if it's not going to bring in any money. Especially seeing how the mobile version will be shutting down next month... that's usually never a good sign.

EA doesn't like having to put actual effort into maintaining any of their games and especially when it's not profitable for them. They'll just let it die - a slow painful death...