Register Now
Shortie

What do you think is the worst pay to win video game?

Many video games come with in game items that you can purchase and even though many don't help you out in the game at all and are merely just in game items, there are some games that you can purchase that do end up granting you an advantage in a game and because it is a paid in game item, it can make it unfair for those who are unable to purchase the item in question.

What game do you think is the worst for pay to win?

Iron Force for iphone/android. Real Time tank combat game. Stary off with some crappy tank, and progress a little bit, but to get the "good" tanks you would have to play like 5 years or spend a ton of $$ - CRAP

Best of the best that's free and you can buy if you wanted too, World of Tanks Or Warships  🙂

I don't play anything that's pay to win. It's one to have micro transactions and all that, but when you intentionally have a play to win game, it's really not fun or worth the time.

Most pay to win games fail usually due to fans hating on the idea. As long as micro transactions and other such things don't give you an edge against others, I see no issue with it. But when it gives better items to those who have the money, then it just becomes pointless to play. Especially if it's a free to play game in the first place. 

Yeah I notice that a lot of games that are pay to win are usually mobile games and it's usually that you have to spend a ton of money on the game to get the best kinds of items to even stand a chance or spend years playing to get enough to pick these items up. No one is going to spend years playing a game in hopes they can get something in the game that they need and if you don't have the funds you are going to just leave the game. It is definitely why I feel a lot of mobile games fail when they offer pay to win. 

Most Mobile games are huge offenders - I remember we discussed a story on some guy that spent $150,000 on a single mobile game. A good number of us here have said it over the years that mobile games have the most aggressive monetization systems but there's hardly a peep about it in the media.

Yeah mobile games do it all the time. I'll say that there are some that balance things fine, but then there are some mobile games that throw so many ads at you, and take forever to play, that it kinda pushes you to pay for things to get ahead. 

It's why I don't play many mobile games, because if you want to get anything real done, you do need to pay to get anywhere. Unless you want to grind your ass off to get somewhere, and even then that just becomes a chore. 

On 1/20/2023 at 3:22 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah mobile games do it all the time. I'll say that there are some that balance things fine, but then there are some mobile games that throw so many ads at you, and take forever to play, that it kinda pushes you to pay for things to get ahead. 

It's why I don't play many mobile games, because if you want to get anything real done, you do need to pay to get anywhere. Unless you want to grind your ass off to get somewhere, and even then that just becomes a chore. 

You're speaking nothing but the truth and that's why I also don't bother with them either. it just feels like a huge grindfest with no end in sight unless you spend tons of money.

On 1/20/2023 at 8:22 PM, Kane99 said:

This is very true. Most mobile games have it set with in game purchases and a lot that are pay to win but then they make it so difficult to progress through that it's almost like they are pushing you to purchase things. If I can't get past it after a certain amount of time I just never go back, refuse to pay for anything that is pay to win.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

Pretty much any game that sells anything besides skins. But for most recent disgust for me is netmarble marvel future revolution they don't even try and hide the whale pandering .

You know it's bad when they don't even hide it anymore and they just let it be out in the open like it's normal. I guess that comes with so many people giving into their greed on games though, after a while they become too confident and they end up not even trying to hide it anymore. 

On 2/2/2023 at 9:25 PM, Shortie said:

You know it's bad when they don't even hide it anymore and they just let it be out in the open like it's normal. I guess that comes with so many people giving into their greed on games though, after a while they become too confident and they end up not even trying to hide it anymore. 

Why hide it when people knows anyway and the worst part that people still go forward with it knowing what they going to get there hands into. People can spend so much money on WoT that end of the day it does not get you anywhere. I mean it's a game and I can do it the same way for free, just takes longer XD

5 hours ago, Empire said:

Why hide it when people knows anyway and the worst part that people still go forward with it knowing what they going to get there hands into. People can spend so much money on WoT that end of the day it does not get you anywhere. I mean it's a game and I can do it the same way for free, just takes longer XD

A lot of it is impatience and not wanting to go through the game and do it the long way so they throw money in the game to get it done quicker. Game developers know this and know people will be impatient and instead want to get there quicker so they offer these options and know they will make something out of it. I will admit I have got frustrated at how long it's taken to get somewhere in a game but if that is the case, I leave it rather than pay to get there, but there are people that would willingly pay without issue. 

I don't know if this one really counts, but any of those gem type games, (think Candy Crush) where you have to match certain gems together to clear a section. They're fun, but if you can't beat a level for whatever reason, then you start buying extra moves and turns. Before you know it, you have spent $50. And I truly believe that some of the levels are designed to not be beaten without having bought the extras.

On 2/5/2023 at 6:54 AM, The Blackangel said:

I don't know if this one really counts, but any of those gem type games, (think Candy Crush) where you have to match certain gems together to clear a section. They're fun, but if you can't beat a level for whatever reason, then you start buying extra moves and turns. Before you know it, you have spent $50. And I truly believe that some of the levels are designed to not be beaten without having bought the extras.

You're a 100% correct - they do this a lot in mobile games. Your progression is at a crawl unless you buy booster packs/whatever the hell they want to call it. It's why I don't bother with most mobile games.