Register Now
Shortie

Do you play Rocket League?

Rocket League is a game I just could not get into when it was first released. I would struggle with the movement in the game and would eventually give up with it as I struggled so much I stopped having fun with it. It wasn't until someone told me I could turn on ball cam and it made it so much easier that I started having so much more fun with the game and I will now every so often jump on Rocket League as a change up of a game to play.

Do you play Rocket League and did you know about the ball cam? Did you know about it straight away? I sure didn't but I am very thankful someone told me about it as it changed how I feel about the game.

Yeah, I feel it really is a game that you can play only when you are in the mood to if I am honest, at least that is how I see it nowadays, it's a game I can not force myself to play but can only play if the interest is there. Playing with friends does add to the fun though for sure!

I've played it, but I can't get used to the controls that you need to move around in flight in order to hit the ball correctly (even in those general games there are some serious pros that just show off). Kinda wish they had a better mode than the tutorial that they have since that kinda goes over the basics but not in-depth like you need to be at a level playing field with everyone else. 

On 1/23/2023 at 1:29 AM, killamch89 said:

It can get repetitive if you play by yourself all the time with random teams. With friends, the fun just never ends.

I think that is one of the reasons I do not play it as much as I could. I tend to play it with randoms and that can get repetitive over time and just becomes boring as you get burned out with it. Playing with friends add to the fun and changes things a little. 

4 minutes ago, Bizdustry said:

Never played Rocket League. I've watched a few friends play it, seems an interesting concept with breathtaking graphics but seems like one of those titles where you need to have a lot of practice and good reaction time. Might revisit in the future. 

This is definitely very much the case. I found that using the tutorial and even practicing as well really helped me get better at the game to a certain extent and having the ball cam turned on in the settings to stay on helps a great deal. 

I still have a ways to go to be a lot better but I have scored goals and made some awesome saves so not too bad 🙂