Register Now
killamch89

Ex Halo Infinite & 343 Devs Slam "Incompetent Leadership" After Microsoft Lay Off 10,000 Employees

I'm not surprised to be honest - as a long-time Halo fan, I've always maintained that this game just never felt like a Halo game at all. It felt more like some kind of generic fps with Halo assets and some gameplay modes. The story is mediocre and the game suffers from numerous issues not to mention it's boring (can't believe I'm saying this about a Halo game) - it's probably the first Halo game that felt like it lacked any direction. So What the Halo Devs are saying shouldn't shock anyone. What are your thoughts on the comments of the Halo Dev?

Were in a video game crash like 83 but not for the same reasons. The industry has completely lost all touch as they push for online live services. Babylons Fall, Stadia dead, 343 failing again, unfinished games, NFTs, mass layoffs, buyouts etc. etc. Its reminiscing of a crash. But unlike 83 its likely going to be longer and more painful since the studios involved seem to big to fail and will continue to produce garbage. Indie games and mid budget studios seems to be doing well though at least.

This shouldn't be happening when they're out there attempting to buy another company. If you have all of these studios and money, why not wait on the whole acquisition of Activision and company, and instead focus on growing the studios you got now. Microsoft should be putting their money into the studios they have now, to make exclusive titles. Which they should have been doing for forever now. 

It doesn't seem right that 10,000+ employees are let go, when they are tossing up this much money for companies left and right. 

On 1/23/2023 at 2:55 PM, Kane99 said:

This shouldn't be happening when they're out there attempting to buy another company. If you have all of these studios and money, why not wait on the whole acquisition of Activision and company, and instead focus on growing the studios you got now. Microsoft should be putting their money into the studios they have now, to make exclusive titles. Which they should have been doing for forever now. 

It doesn't seem right that 10,000+ employees are let go, when they are tossing up this much money for companies left and right. 

I agree - but do you these companies actually care about their employees? Not one bit - they're just a means to an end and they can easily replace most of them so Microsoft doesn't really have to care either and the lack of unionization is why this can even happen in the first place.

This is so sad to see. Being that they are as has been said out there looking to buy another company and then this happens, it's not a good look at all. As someone who is a huge fan of Halo or at least was, I was very put off by Halo 4 and 5 which never really felt like Halo games but more like someone had used bits from Halo for another FPS. Halo Infinite was somewhat better but it's still not the Halo that I once enjoyed which is a shame.