Register Now
Kane99

Do you think scalpers will buy up the PSVR2 as well?

With the way the PS5 has been hard to get as of late, due to scalpers still trying to get money out of it. I was curious if the PSVR2 will end up dealing with the same problem. The price at release for the PSVR2 is I believe going to be going for the same price as a PS5, so I think $499.99. If scalpers get their hands on it though, I can see it reaching upwards of $1000 or more. 

With that being said, do you have your pre-order in for one? Or are you going to wait a while before picking up Sony's new vr headset? And do you hope that scalpers don't inflate the price? 

I'm not getting one, but YES they will scalp the hell out of it. They're not getting much for the PS5 and Xbox Series S/X since they're more readily available. The Walmart here has PS5's in the shelf for $549.99 plus tax. So since the stores have them readily available, scalpers are shit out of luck on their inventory. But upon release, it's going to be the same situation.

Good luck to anyone wanting one, but don't hold your breath about getting one early unless you were able to preorder.

I actually don't think so. VR is a far more niche market and only a small percentage of PSVR owners will buy one and even less of them will do so right at launch. I just don't see the level of scarcity compared with the level of demand creating the same kind of market for scalpers that we saw with the PS5 when it first launched. I know that won't stop some scalpers from trying, but even if were one of those ass-holes I wouldn't chance it.

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

I actually don't think so. VR is a far more niche market and only a small percentage of PSVR owners will buy one and even less of them will do so right at launch. I just don't see the level of scarcity compared with the level of demand creating the same kind of market for scalpers that we saw with the PS5 when it first launched. I know that won't stop some scalpers from trying, but even if were one of those ass-holes I wouldn't chance it.

Yeah I can see that. I still think they'll try to do that, but I'm hoping not. I guess it wasn't an issue with PSVR 1, so maybe we'll get lucky and things will be fine for PSVR2 and its release. 

I don't know what it is, but it seems in recent years, scalpers are picking off everything new they can get. If it's gaming related or collectible, they're going to scalp it in the hopes of making some profit. idk why, but it feels like it's happening more than usual these last few years. 

I would say anything that is or will be in demand is going to be something that scalpers will want to get their hands on to make a profit. I don't see the PSVR2 being an exception to that to be honest. Even if it's not in demand you can bet that they will scalp it anyway so that people will not be able to get hold of it as easy and that will be where they will get people. 

Personally, I will do without before I will even consider buying from a scalper. I have no respect, nor will I ever have for people who buy from scalpers. You won't see us being friends. I have no interest in being friends with someone that would do that shit. The same goes for the scalpers themselves.

You're not my friend. You won't become my friend.

19 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Personally, I will do without before I will even consider buying from a scalper. I have no respect, nor will I ever have for people who buy from scalpers. You won't see us being friends. I have no interest in being friends with someone that would do that shit. The same goes for the scalpers themselves.

You're not my friend. You won't become my friend.

Yeah I would never buy from a scalper. I hate how they think they're smart in what they do. They just hurt the market and waste people's time. 

If I was rich, I still wouldn't bother paying a scalper. I'd just keep looking for a store that might have it. Otherwise I'll wait. 

I'm not sure. VR isn't as popular as they hoped it would be. I don't see too many interested in it, so I don't think the PSVR2 will be scalped as bad as the PS5 was when it first came out.  There were also a lot of scalpers who took losses on their 'investment' because no one would buy their insane prices, so I think the same would happen, but at a much lesser scale because the demand for VR just isn't where they hoped it'd be.

I don't believe so since the console is a requirement, whereas the VR2 is really just an add-on for some games. The VR1 didn't really take off as they hoped either, and there were plenty of them for sale in stores or online without any issues.