Register Now
StaceyPowers

Ask Stacey

On 3/1/2019 at 8:47 PM, DC said:

@StaceyPowers if you were arrested with no explanation what would your friends and family assume you had done?

I have no idea. My theory of mind skills aren't strong enough to hazard a guess. I'm pretty good at understanding thoughts and assumptions of people in a professional setting (i.e. customers shopping for a product), but less good at the subtle nuances of how people in personal relationships view me.

17 hours ago, DC said:

@StaceyPowers, based on the information we have about Borderlands 3 thus far what are your thoughts and first impressions?

I'll be completely honest. While the Borderlands games interest me (especially for their art style and odd sense of humour), I have yet to play one. As a result, I don't think I can provide any useful impressions, save that I will be curious how it does, particularly being as I've heard so many people mention that the second game didn't live up to the first.

8 hours ago, DylanC said:

Favourite RPG of all time?

In terms of single player games, I’d say it’s probably Fallout New Vegas right now. NV still leaves a lot to be desired for me, but it’s further along than anything else I’ve tried in the areas where I want other games to improve (character depth, organic storytelling, multi-layered, complex factions).

My best tabletop RPG experience was a Warhammer game with some friends back in college. It was a great group, and I loved the game universe.

I also really was into MUDs when I was younger. The game I played the most was Aetolia, and I would say it was the most memorable RPG I ever played, and probably the most engaging too. But I couldn’t say it was a “favorite” in that the experience wasn’t exactly a “positive” one.

Same question right back at you. What are your all-time favorite RPGs?

26 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

In terms of single player games, I’d say it’s probably Fallout New Vegas right now. NV still leaves a lot to be desired for me, but it’s further along than anything else I’ve tried in the areas where I want other games to improve (character depth, organic storytelling, multi-layered, complex factions).

My best tabletop RPG experience was a Warhammer game with some friends back in college. It was a great group, and I loved the game universe.

I also really was into MUDs when I was younger. The game I played the most was Aetolia, and I would say it was the most memorable RPG I ever played, and probably the most engaging too. But I couldn’t say it was a “favorite” in that the experience wasn’t exactly a “positive” one.

Same question right back at you. What are your all-time favorite RPGs?

I have a great fondness for the genre so I'm gonna just try and keep it short, lol.

I absolutely adore Oblivion, Skyrim and all things Fallout-related (as you probably already know!). I also really dig the Souls genre - including the OG Demon's Souls. Finally, I have a penchant for JRPGs but missed out on a lot of classics due to other life commitments when they released (I'm looking at you Chrono Trigger and the Final Fantasy series!). As a result, I'm a big fan of the more modern JRPGs like Ni No Kuni, Child Of Light (I know it's not *strictly* a JRPG), Demon Gaze and I Am Setsuna. Phew - and breathe... Lol

Edited by DylanC