Register Now
Kane99

Naughty Dog says they're done with Uncharted series

On 1/27/2023 at 2:06 PM, Kane99 said:

True, but with EA, there's a lot of franchises that they kinda forgot about. From the SSX games coming to mind right away. Fight Night is a franchise I thought would stick around for a long time. It is due for a new game for sure, but I don't think it'll ever happen. 

The difference with Fight Night was that it was when they were at their peak. SSX was already falling off after SSX Tricky so it was a bit different - SSX 2012 was an absolute waste of a game.

28 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The difference with Fight Night was that it was when they were at their peak. SSX was already falling off after SSX Tricky so it was a bit different - SSX 2012 was an absolute waste of a game.

SSX Tricky is arguably the best game of the SSX franchise. If anything I think both series died out because EA didn't want to do anything with them, especially after they shut down EA Sports Big. 

SSX 2012 didn't have the same feel as the original series. I don't even count it towards the original games because it's so different in terms of presentation and gameplay. 

I don't even know if you can compare the two franchises, considering EA Sports did the Fight Night series while Big did the more cartoony/arcade style sports games. 

Anyway, I think we're kinda going off topic. 

________

Back on topic now. I think the reason they are done making Uncharted games, will be to put some focus on making tv shows going forward. I think Naughty Dog knows what they have, and will leverage that into making more tv. After the clear success of the last of us on HBO, and it already being renewed for a second season, it made me realize that Naughty Dog isn't really done with Uncharted. If anything I think we'll see them try a show for Uncharted. Maybe even skip making the Uncharted movies as I don't think the Uncharted movie sold well or was popular enough. A tv show could redeem that failure.