Register Now
Kane99

Did anyone watch the Xbox Developer Direct show?

So I didn't even know this already happened. I booted up my Xbox One the other day and was greeted with a screen directing me to this show, but I didn't know it aired soon after. I thought they had planned to air it in the next week, but I guess not. Anyway, this new Xbox Developer Direct can be viewed below. It's a 39min video, but there is another hour long stream from gamestop as well, but I wasn't sure if I should post that one or the shortened one. The one I'm posting is of the full conference according to the description. I'll list the other video too just in case. I haven't watched it yet myself, but hope to check it out later today when I have some free time. 

And the hour+ stream also features the ESO Global Reveal. 

I booted up my Xbox today to be greeted with the same screen and I as you, assumed that it was letting me know it was happening and that it was more than likely going to be next week. This is the first time I am hearing that it's already happened. I will be checking it out myself as I would have liked to have watched it so it's a shame I missed it. I honestly can't say I saw it advertised that much at all being today is the 27th and it happened on the 25th and today was the first time I knew anything about it. 

I have not, in fact I was not even aware it's was on ;P It's been over 2 years since the current gen launched and Xbox just isn't delivering many interesting games. I can think of only a handful of major releases. I haven't been excited about many projects either. Pentiment and Grounded was about it for me. Hi-Fi Rush seems fresh. Redfall might be cool, but could just be a flop. Idk you'd think their output would be marginally better considering they gobbled up so many studios in the past couple years.

On 1/28/2023 at 11:54 AM, Empire said:

I have not, in fact I was not even aware it's was on ;P It's been over 2 years since the current gen launched and Xbox just isn't delivering many interesting games. I can think of only a handful of major releases. I haven't been excited about many projects either. Pentiment and Grounded was about it for me. Hi-Fi Rush seems fresh. Redfall might be cool, but could just be a flop. Idk you'd think their output would be marginally better considering they gobbled up so many studios in the past couple years.

I agree, they do seem to be lacking on any really good announcements at all which is a shame as I always remember when you were excited for things like this and they would be heavily advertised, so much so you wouldn't be able to miss that they were on. It's not a good look when they come together with so many studios and then don't really have anything to announce at all that is new and fresh. 

A lot of ppl are expecting a lot out of xbox this year. I feel like they wont have much this year either tbh. I feel like next year is when they will show out. If they dont have nothing to show for all the companies they bought next year then i think its a done deal for xbox as far as gaming goes.

Yeah many people do have high hopes for Xbox this year and it would be expected being all the companies they have bought out. I would definitely say that 2024 is the year that will be a make or break for them. If there is nothing by then after say 2 years of them buying out the companies they have then there probably will not be anything and that is going to be a shame being Xbox seemed to have a lot of plans. 

No I didn't. I totally forgot all about it. I don't think it really interested me as much to begin with. I do have high hopes for Xbox this year, but am tampering it down a bit. I do hope 2023 and beyond will be good for the company. 

8 hours ago, Techno said:

I watched it live and lost my mind when Hi-Fi Rush shadowdropped. It was a really good starting direct, like my only complaint was Forza Motorsport not having a release date.

I actually tried playing that the other day and honestly was a lot of fun. Didn't play for too long though, as I was worried the whole keep on rhythm thing was going to be a problem for me. But I recently heard you don't need to be on synch with the music to do good, but it does increase your multiplier and points hitting enemies on the beat.