Register Now
Kane99

Still play Payday 2? Is it time for a sequel?

I remember when Payday 2 came out. I remember how it had this popularity spike when it first came out, and then it kinda went dark after a while. Do people still play Payday 2? Or is the game no longer that active? I feel like it's probably time for them to finally make a sequel. Do you agree? Or would you rather they keep focussing their time on Payday 2? 

For what it's worth, PDTH still has active players. Most times I get on it, I can find a lobby. PDTH is quite a different experience from PD2, so perhaps that explains it. Maybe if PD3 in turn offered a different experience from PD2, it too will continue to have a fairly active community.

I haven't played PayDay 2 myself in a while and I am unsure as to how popular it still is at the moment. I feel if they were to release a PayDay 2 they would have to offer something different to Pay Day 2 so that it would bring people back to want to play a new game in the franchise. 

Last I remember hearing anything about it, was back when H3H3 and his wife got character models added to the game as DLC. I think that was back in like 2016, so it's been a hell of a long time since I heard PayDay 2 anything. 

12 hours ago, Empire said:

Still people playing it but the game is old, I mean it's not been edited or updated for awhile and whatnot. Does not need it needs a new game, but add more content

Yeah I think they dropped support for the game a few years ago. I don't know how much of a following the game still has, but I imagine there are people still rocking it to this day. 

4 hours ago, Empire said:

Really hyped for this one. I've been wanting to play PD2 since I was a kid, and I just got the game a few days ago. I just hope they don't riddle this next one with too many DLCs.

To be honest, we don't even know that much about Payday 3 outside of the trailer that came out a few weeks ago. We don't even know the release date - Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we got a trailer at least but couldn't they provide us with a bit more detail.

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Payday 2 does have a sequel which is Payday 3 - the trailer dropped like a month ago. I haven't played Payday 2 in ages but I played it a lot for the first 6 months of release but then I kind of moved on.

Damn, I had no idea. Doesn't show a whole lot, so I'm assuming it's still being worked on as we speak. Still though, good to know we're actually getting a sequel. 

6 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Damn, I had no idea. Doesn't show a whole lot, so I'm assuming it's still being worked on as we speak. Still though, good to know we're actually getting a sequel. 

Normally with an official release, we'd get some kind of premise. I know it says that this is the year of Payday in the trailer but is it really coming out this year? But then again, it's been about a decade since the last game. Either way, I hope it'll come out by June of this year.

On 1/31/2023 at 5:19 PM, killamch89 said:

To be honest, we don't even know that much about Payday 3 outside of the trailer that came out a few weeks ago. We don't even know the release date - Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we got a trailer at least but couldn't they provide us with a bit more detail.

Will be like payday 2, game crash, no support, but tons of paid DLC - Yet still no idea if it's going to be true or not as the point of time

On 1/31/2023 at 6:09 PM, Kane99 said:

I too had no idea that a trailer had dropped or even that there was one in development. As you say, the trailer doesn't give away too much but if they are still working on it which is more than likely the case, that will be why. Kind of excited to see what they bring with this game and if they manage to nail it on the head and give the fans what they want. 

On 2/2/2023 at 4:27 PM, Shortie said:

I too had no idea that a trailer had dropped or even that there was one in development. As you say, the trailer doesn't give away too much but if they are still working on it which is more than likely the case, that will be why. Kind of excited to see what they bring with this game and if they manage to nail it on the head and give the fans what they want. 

It's been way too long - I haven't played Payday 2 in almost 5 years or maybe it was even longer...I can't believe how time flies!