Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

VGR members shouldn’t feel shy to express themselves

Sometimes I attempt to make a post, write some things down and then say forget about it and move on. I feel intimidated at times. How would someone react to my post? Did I offend anyone in some way? We all should feel comfortable here enough to express ourselves. This forum allows that. It’s a gaming forum, but also more than that. There are highly intelligent moderators and members. This shit should be legend!!!

I understand this forum has members of the international community. There are cultures from other places who don’t have as many freedoms to express themselves. Even if you have freedoms, I’m not here to judge, that’s for sure. I miss @killamch89 creating topics about random shit…lol. I miss @StaceyPowers spending some time creating topics. Where are you? 

You don’t want me creating topics, believe me. I want the holy fucking grail where a machine that looks like Adriana Lima is waving to me saying come here stallion. Maybe it’s just me and my alcohol problem where I’m paranoid every little thing I say is just another fuckin nail to shred my dignity more and more. 

Me personally, I believe in quality over quantity.  I wouldn't make a post just for sake of it.  I only bother when I feel it has something meaningful to contribute.  Sometimes I might be making a post, perhaps even one that I'd been working on for half an hour so and decide "You know what, this isn't going anywhere" and abandon it.

12 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

where I’m paranoid every little thing I say is just another fuckin nail to shred my dignity more and more. 

Thanks for the shout out! I've just been swamped lately with a lot of things. I miss creating lots of topics though.

Since I don't know specifically what you are feeling nervous about, there's not much specifically I say to reassure you. But I have always found your posts to be thoughtful, intelligent, comprehensive and entertaining. I think you are probably second guessing yourself unnecessarily. 

It's not that - I just haven't had the time to create some of those posts lately. The idea will come to me but I can't get on VGR at the time and by the time I get around to it, I forget nowadays. Maybe I should start writing them down. I must be senile or something - I know I qualify for senior citizen discounts and I can now tell kids that back in my days and call them young whippersnappers.

It's understandable to be apprehensive about making a post or starting a thread. We all have thoughts second guessing ourselves. Not with every post mind you, but with a lot of them I'm sure. The only thing you can really do is try to get out of your own head. You may be able to offer an insight to the topic that makes everyone understand that topic even better. Just make sure you're on topic even if the conversation has gone off topic, which is a fairly common occurrence unfortunately. You never need to feel embarrassed about making a post. There's somewhere to post it, as this forum covers just about everything somewhere. Obviously there are things that are absolutely forbidden, many of which would warrant an immediate ban and report to the authorities. But if you just use some common sense, then you're good to go.

I don't post in a whole lot of topics, because the topic at hand is either something I know absolutely nothing about, or is something I have no meaningful comments to make that would contribute to the conversation at the time I was reading it.

As for intimidation, as far as I know @Rain Dew and I are the only lesbians here.