Register Now
Kane99

Microsoft to raise prices of Xbox Series X|S in Japan

And of course Microsoft makes yet another dumb move, this time in Japan by raising the prices of the Xbox Series X|S. Everyone knows that Xbox hasn't been able to get anywhere in Japan when it comes to sales. I believe sales have increased somewhat thanks to their service like Game Pass, but I still don't think that Japan cares much about the Xbox. They've never been able to sell good over there. 

Could this mean we'll see an increase in the US and other countries to follow? 

Source - https://news-microsoft-com.translate.goog/ja-jp/2023/01/31/230131-xbox-series-xs-price-revision-of-the-main-unit-in-japan/?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

UK price increase highly likely incoming, Sony did so last year after raising prices in Japan. I understand why they are doing it but its always interesting seeing a trillion dollar company raise prices but of course you dont become one by being cheap.

Edited by Empire

I'm expecting a price increase in other parts of the world if I am honest. I am in the UK and at the moment we have not had a price increase yet, we have seen a decrease for sales but no increase as of yet. I am hoping I will be able to snag a Series X before they do make any price increase if they intend to but it's not looking good at the moment. 

Still it is pretty crazy that they would increase the price of a console that already doesn't sell well at all in Japan, this is just going to lower their chances of selling any in Japan at this point. 

It's too bad that they feel the need to raise the prices. Many people rely on gaming for either a hobby or some extra income as a second job.

Do people think other competitors would raise their prices? Or perhaps would they keep them low so that people on limited income would gravitate towards them instead of Xbox.