Register Now
Kane99

Why the Last of Us Nick Offerman Will Never Play Video Games Again

Nick Offerman recently starred as Bill in the Last of Us show, and when asked about his gaming habits, he mentioned that he doesn't game these days. In fact, his worry is that he would get too sucked into the game and would find himself focusing too much time on that. The last game he said he played, was actually Banjo-Kazooie. He mentioned that he played the game for around two weeks, and didn't know what to do with himself after he was done. Even mentioning that he thought it was a waste of time. :( 

But yeah, interesting to hear someone decided to call it quits on gaming because they felt it was too addicting. I think he has a point with addiction, because there has been times where I am stuck in one game for weeks on end. But he views them differently in that they waste time, but the same could be said about his movies and tv shows. I know, I watched Parks and Rec through a couple times, and watching tv and movies are kinda the same as playing a video game for hours on end. 

Anyway, thought it was interesting. Wonder if he'll ever attempt to play The Last of Us game now. 

Source - https://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-the-last-of-us-star-nick-offerman-will-never-play-video-games-again/1100-6511098/]/

I wish I could say I was pumped for the Last of Us tv show at all. What could it do or say (let alone better) that the game didn't already? On top of that, there was just a remake for ps5, if I wanted to experience the story again, I'd just play that.

On 2/4/2023 at 12:08 PM, Empire said:

I wish I could say I was pumped for the Last of Us tv show at all. What could it do or say (let alone better) that the game didn't already? On top of that, there was just a remake for ps5, if I wanted to experience the story again, I'd just play that.

This is the second time in a little over two weeks that you have have come onto a thread discussing some related to The Last of TV series and completely ignored the actual subject of thread itself.  You first did that on this thread entitled "Bruce Straley Wasn't Credited in HBO's The Last of Us, Calls for Unionization", except you didn't address the situation regarding Bruce Straley, you just had a moan about the plot of a video game that you admit you hadn't even played and how you felt about the first episode of the show.

image_2023-02-05_183841140.thumb.png.577a68f86aae729526539afe1963787f.png

And just like I did then, I'll point out there is a thread to discuss the TV in general set up here. If you want to express your feeling about either the show or the games on threads like this, fine, but please address the specific subject of the thread as well. I don't think that posting on these threads to not address the subject is very fair to the thread author ( @Kane99 in both cases).

And to answer you're buried question, the show does change a few things up (especially in the last episode with Bill and Frank) and when they have it's usually been to shows benefit I would argue.

Onto the subject, and whilst "Did you play the game?" as well as follow up questions like "Why did/didn't you play it? What did you think of it?" are fair questions to ask these actors because this is an adaptation, what really matters to me is the performance in the end. As such, I don't really care much about his personal gaming habits. Nick did a great job as Bill, and that's what matters to me. It is interesting to know that someone would maintain a certain distance from a certain hobby because thier worried about getting to drawn in. That's not wrong nor right, it's just how he feels, and that's his prerogative.

This is very interesting. I know that gaming can be addictive, it's been seen many times the affects that gaming can have on people who get too addicted to the game. I personally like to play video games but I know when to take a break and I also don't let it rule my life and I still get on with my life just as I would if I wasn't gaming. 

It does make you wonder if he will even try The Last of Us game or whether he will instead just not bother for fear of becoming addicted.