Register Now
Maul

Video games based on movies

If we're talking purely games based on movies and not games inspired by movies (like the Star Wars games), I'd have to say Lord of the Ring: Two Towers.

I played the shit out of that game and it's probably one of the few games as I kid I completed 100% of. There were special unlocks for completing missions with perfect scores, so I replayed the same missions over and over again until I did it.

The games I used to love to play that were from movies are the Harry Potter games. I remember I used to sit and play them for hours they were so enjoyable and I am super eager to be able to play Hogwarts Legacy when I can get it. I remember playing so many Harry Potter games from as early as PS2 up until Xbox 360 and even the Lego Harry Potter games I enjoyed a lot as well. 

A lot of the Harry Potter games were pretty fun to play. I used to own The Chamber of Secrets on the GBA, and I currently own both GBC games. These games are actually RPGs, unlike the GBA game which is a platformer. I also loved Alien 3 on the Genesis as a kid and even Judge Dredd too. I know a lot of people don't care for Judge Dredd on the Genesis, but I have nostalgia for it.

On 8/5/2023 at 1:25 AM, Ravenfreak said:

A lot of the Harry Potter games were pretty fun to play. I used to own The Chamber of Secrets on the GBA, and I currently own both GBC games. These games are actually RPGs, unlike the GBA game which is a platformer. I also loved Alien 3 on the Genesis as a kid and even Judge Dredd too. I know a lot of people don't care for Judge Dredd on the Genesis, but I have nostalgia for it.

I loved the Harry Potter games growing up. I am eager myself to get my hands on Hogwarts Legacy at the moment and have been since it released but having to wait until May before it was released for my console and then not having the funds has made it difficult. 

I always remember spending so much time on the PlayStation when I was younger playing the Harry Potter games and even the Lego Harry Potter games were ones I spent hours on as well. 

Are you looking forward to the Quidditch game that is in the works? 

Lots of people love playing video games based on movies because it lets them dive deeper into the stories and characters they adore. These game adaptations provide fresh gameplay experiences and a chance to discover new parts of the movie's world. Whether reliving famous scenes or uncovering untold tales, movie-based video games are a delightful way to expand the enjoyment of the films.

Many people enjoy playing video games based on movies, especially fans of the films. It can be a fun way to immerse oneself in the story and characters and experience the world in a different interactive format. One of my all time favorites are Assassin's Creed. But I guess it was more of a movie based on a game and not the other way around hehe.

Kingdom Hearts has characters from Disney movies. I love it - it's interesting to see the characters drawn for the game and the different voice actors, but it still feels like the same characters. I love the Harry Potter games! Could play them all for hours! Otherwise I haven't played a game based on movies.