Register Now
Maul

Many PC gaming sites anymore

There used to be a lot like Gamehouse, Shockwave, etc. But there doesn't seem to be a lot anymore. It's where you would generally pay a monthly subscription and you could download a lot of different games. You could purchase the game completely or use your subscription.

It is a shame that there are not more places around like there used to be for PC gaming. Xbox Game Pass for PC is about the only reliable one now that I know of and all the others seem to have just disappeared. It's a shame as people usually want to be able to have a choice of places to use and not just have the option of one place or nothing. 

I think everyone is confusing what OP is talking about. I think he means websites that have PC games you can play on site, like flash sites. Unless I'm confused myself. I checked each site OP mentioned and they seem to be like flash game sites where you can play some games on site and also download some. Not my thing really, but to each their own. :) 

On 3/1/2023 at 12:02 AM, killamch89 said:

As @Empire said, outside of Xbox Gamepass, Sony's offering and Geforce Now by Nvidia, I don't really recall any other subscription-based gaming service.

They offer free 1 hour slots for you to give it a try, only at 720p and expect to wait for awhile to able to get in. 

On 3/2/2023 at 6:53 AM, Empire said:

They offer free 1 hour slots for you to give it a try, only at 720p and expect to wait for awhile to able to get in. 

Which one of them are you talking? I can't remember but that sounds like Gamepass. I totally forgot about Luna from Amazon as well but nobody hardly uses that one so I didn't mention it.

On 3/8/2023 at 8:45 PM, killamch89 said:

Which one of them are you talking? I can't remember but that sounds like Gamepass. I totally forgot about Luna from Amazon as well but nobody hardly uses that one so I didn't mention it.

Nivdia boardcast, allows hour slot for 720p and also you have to wait for hours to able to get in anyway

On 3/10/2023 at 7:36 AM, Empire said:

Nivdia boardcast, allows hour slot for 720p and also you have to wait for hours to able to get in anyway

Ah - I haven't really checked it out so I wasn't aware they also offer a free trial but why do they make you wait for hours though?

On 3/14/2023 at 8:51 PM, killamch89 said:

Ah - I haven't really checked it out so I wasn't aware they also offer a free trial but why do they make you wait for hours though?

SInce it's free they only have X-amount and so people have to wait in line and wait till there is a next slot free they only ahve so many GPUs. they can't have 50K GPUs LOL 

On 3/1/2023 at 7:15 PM, Kane99 said:

I think everyone is confusing what OP is talking about. I think he means websites that have PC games you can play on site, like flash sites. Unless I'm confused myself. I checked each site OP mentioned and they seem to be like flash game sites where you can play some games on site and also download some. Not my thing really, but to each their own. 🙂

Yeah I believe he's talking about flash games since he mentioned Shockwave. My spouse loves playing old flash games, a lot of the ones they played are now on mobile so there's still some people who enjoy these games. For example, my spouse loves the Paparia games and these are all on mobile now. I used to play flash games here and there when I was younger, Teen Titans Battle Blitz was my favorite for sure but I didn't have a computer at home at the time the game was released so I only played it a little bit at my cousin's house.