Register Now
Maul

The Super Mario Bros. Movie

They've needed a Super Mario movie for years. Yes they did have whatever that thing was that Bob Hoskins was in but animated is better!

The Super Mario Bros. Movie is an upcoming computer-animated fantasy adventure comedy film based on the video game franchise Mario published by Nintendo, who also co-produced the film with Illumination and its distributor Universal Pictures. It is the franchise's third film adaptation, following the Japanese anime film Super Mario Bros.: The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach! (1986) and the live-action film Super Mario Bros. (1993). Directed by Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic (in Jelenic's feature directorial debut) from a screenplay by Matthew Fogel, the film features an ensemble voice cast including Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Day, Jack Black, Keegan-Michael Key, Seth Rogen, Fred Armisen, Sebastian Maniscalco, Charles Martinet, and Kevin Michael Richardson.

Charles Martinete also did the voice of parthonax in Skyrim, so it also shows that he could do Bowser and other characters simply because he’s an actual voice actor and not a celebrity. My heart hurts for the modern movie industry casting, because I myself have been trying to get voice acting jobs. But by the looks of things, I’ll never get passed indi games

I didn't even know they were releasing a Super Mario Bros movie. I remember the one with Bob Hoskins but I never really fully enjoyed that one and I feel it was because it was not animated so didn't feel the same. This one looks like a movie I would watch and enjoy with it being animated. My kids would also enjoy this movie as well. 

Gonna be a great movie I think. There will of course me some people who will complain online, but that is typical and usual nowadays. I think I got over the VA cast, and think they'll do a great job as the characters. I am hoping to go see this, but honestly can wait till it comes out on streaming or DVD/blu-ray.

On 2/9/2023 at 1:00 PM, Shortie said:

I didn't even know they were releasing a Super Mario Bros movie. I remember the one with Bob Hoskins but I never really fully enjoyed that one and I feel it was because it was not animated so didn't feel the same. This one looks like a movie I would watch and enjoy with it being animated. My kids would also enjoy this movie as well. 

Yeah, I think this came up another discussion in another part of the forum - the movie looks very good and I'm also looking forward to it as well.