Register Now
Kane99

What are your thoughts on the DKOldies drama?

On 2/27/2023 at 5:03 AM, Shagger said:

Pro wrestling doesn't lie about what it is, but I wouldn't describe it as "fake". It's an act, a show, it's scripted, staged, but not fake. They don't go through the kind of training, injuries and physical hardship that they do for something "fake". To the point though, Pro Wrestling doesn't lie about what it is and that's the difference. This video this guy has put together is not only a lie, it's an incompetent lie.

These days yes, but back before the internet was a thing, wrestling tried to keep the inner workings a secret. It's why back in the 80s and 90s if I remember correctly, you'd see news programs attempting to expose wrestling as "fake". Wrestlers back in those days had to keep the story going, even out of the ring, they called it keeping Kayfabe alive. Heels couldn't be seen together with baby faces, and if they were, they had to get into character. When you see a documentary about the inner workings of wrestling, they call that breaking kayfabe. Most people knew it was an act, but there was a fair deal of fans who believed it all and took it seriously. 

Now days they don't try to keep it a secret. But back then is was a problem if anything got out. For example the curtain call back in 97 I think it was. It was a cage match during a house show. It was the final show for Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) & Diesel (Kevin Nash) before they jumped to the WCW. I forget who was facing who, but it involved Triple H, and Shawn Michaels as well. There may have been someone else, but I forget. Anyway, after the match, the guys hugged. It was recorded by a fan, and it allegedly ended Triple H's run, as he was the first one to go in for a hug. But they were heels against baby faces, and they weren't supposed to do that. 

These days it doesn't matter, wrestlers break kayfabe all the time. But yeah, I wouldn't call it fake. It's like calling tv shows you watch as fake. It's a scripted show is how I see it myself. 

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You're definitely right there. Everything is scripted and preplanned, but the injuries they suffer and the grueling schedule is 100% real. There's not a wrestler alive who hasn't suffered a serious injury. There have also been wrestlers who died as a result of the business. The most well known being Owen Hart.

What I mean by fake, is a lot of the physical violence. They don't punch each other with their full strength, or some of the moves. For example, with the pile driver, their head isn't slammed into the mat. It's actually held high up enough so that it doesn't hit the mat like that. If they did drive their opponents head into the mat, it would almost definitely cause either paralysis or even death from a broken neck. And if you watch someone punch, they stomp the mat as they swing. But most don't even notice that as they're not looking at the wrestlers feet.

I don't like to use the word fake myself. I tend to say act, scripted, etc. I liken it to a tv show, like Breaking Bad or something. Breaking Bad is technically fake, but it feels pointless to say as it's common sense. That's why I think at this point, most people know what they're getting from wrestling. Saying fake seems counterintuitive to me. 

And yeah, they banned slapping of the leg for a while in the WWE, because when they kick, they'd slap the side of their leg to get a louder pop sound. What's odd, is they have banned the piledriver from being used. I don't think any wrestlers, at least in the WWE are allowed to do it anymore, aside from Undertaker and some of the veteran wrestlers. 

Alright, sorry for hijacking the topic there, I'll get back on subject. :D 

Have you guys checked over the comments of this guys video? I'm even more suspicious of him, as his comments have not been turned off, and he replied to a comment about the expansion bay being what makes the N64 run. 
image.thumb.png.1c3010adaea6ec4bf3d8addef519bcc9.png

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Have you guys checked over the comments of this guys video? I'm even more suspicious of him, as his comments have not been turned off, and he replied to a comment about the expansion bay being what makes the N64 run. 

OMG, you have got to be kidding me. I don’t even care if he was being sarcastic or serious. Making that kind of claim is not going to do him any favors. It’s going to kill any kind of credibility he ever may have had.

What an idiot.

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

These days yes, but back before the internet was a thing, wrestling tried to keep the inner workings a secret. It's why back in the 80s and 90s if I remember correctly, you'd see news programs attempting to expose wrestling as "fake". Wrestlers back in those days had to keep the story going, even out of the ring, they called it keeping Kayfabe alive. Heels couldn't be seen together with baby faces, and if they were, they had to get into character. When you see a documentary about the inner workings of wrestling, they call that breaking kayfabe. Most people knew it was an act, but there was a fair deal of fans who believed it all and took it seriously. 

Now days they don't try to keep it a secret. But back then is was a problem if anything got out. For example the curtain call back in 97 I think it was. It was a cage match during a house show. It was the final show for Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) & Diesel (Kevin Nash) before they jumped to the WCW. I forget who was facing who, but it involved Triple H, and Shawn Michaels as well. There may have been someone else, but I forget. Anyway, after the match, the guys hugged. It was recorded by a fan, and it allegedly ended Triple H's run, as he was the first one to go in for a hug. But they were heels against baby faces, and they weren't supposed to do that. 

These days it doesn't matter, wrestlers break kayfabe all the time. But yeah, I wouldn't call it fake. It's like calling tv shows you watch as fake. It's a scripted show is how I see it myself. 

I don't like to use the word fake myself. I tend to say act, scripted, etc. I liken it to a tv show, like Breaking Bad or something. Breaking Bad is technically fake, but it feels pointless to say as it's common sense. That's why I think at this point, most people know what they're getting from wrestling. Saying fake seems counterintuitive to me. 

And yeah, they banned slapping of the leg for a while in the WWE, because when they kick, they'd slap the side of their leg to get a louder pop sound. What's odd, is they have banned the piledriver from being used. I don't think any wrestlers, at least in the WWE are allowed to do it anymore, aside from Undertaker and some of the veteran wrestlers. 

Alright, sorry for hijacking the topic there, I'll get back on subject. 😄

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

OMG, you have got to be kidding me. I don’t even care if he was being sarcastic or serious. Making that kind of claim is not going to do him any favors. It’s going to kill any kind of credibility he ever may have had.

What an idiot.

In a way, that comment isn't technically wrong, just so vague and imprecise that it may as well be wrong. The expansion slot held the jumper pack that served only to allow a completed circuit so console could connect to the 4MB of Rambus RDRAM the console had on board as standard. With the expansion pack installed in the place of the jumper pack, that was increased to 8MB and would loop the additional RAM into the same circuit as the RAM already on board he console. So yeah, like any computer circuit, it won't work without RAM, but it's just one part of the circuit that is integral to the operations of the console. You may as well as well say the game cartridge makes the console run and you'd be just as correct as that effectively serves as the console's storage drive. So it's still clear he has no clue what he's talking about.

Edited by Shagger

So we have a video from Austin who tried to provide a more realistic take on the DKoldies drama by buying some consoles from them and then seeing which ones work and the ones that don't. He then opens up the ones that aren't functioning to find the root cause and it was quite an interesting video to say the least...