Register Now
The Blackangel

Too Many Games?

Does anyone else sometimes feel like you have too many games? Sometimes I do. Out of all the systems I have that I still play I probably have at least 2000 games. Hell, I have 125 DDL's on my Switch alone. I have 23 physical carts, most of which are multi-game carts.

The Systems I Play:

Atari 2600
NES
SNES
N64
Switch
Game Boy (GBASP to be specific so as not to have to keep buying batteries)
Sega Genesis
PS1
PS3
PS4
PS5
Xbox One

Of those 12 systems, I know I have at least 2000 games. Also I'm not counting our PS2, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, Game Cube, Wii, and Series X/S games as that would increase the number quite a bit. Of those the only ones we even play are the Xbox Series X/S. The others are retired.

So I know I have too damn many games. Many of which I have multiple copies. For example I have 8 copies of SMB3. The reason is that I buy game bundles a lot, and I've just ended up with them.

I have 2 systems CIB. An NES, and a Sears Home Video Arcade. Interesting to point out is that until I got that Sears, I had no idea the machine even existed.

Another interesting thing I would like to point out is that there's only one game franchise that, since its inception, I haven't found a single release that I didn't like.

Mario Kart.

I do. I have games from consoles I don't even have yet, and probably wont end up even getting. I have a bunch of Wii & Xbox games for example, but haven't had a Wii or origianl Xbox to play them on forever now. And there are a lot of PS2 games I now own that I have yet to play after getting some from thrift stores and game trading sites. 

But it's a relatively small collection of games at the moment. I sadly sold most of my PS1, PS2, N64 games and more years back. Which I regret. 

Sure do. I have so many games not only ones that I have bought but also ones that I have gained access to through either Nintendo Switch Online or Game Pass and my backlog of games just keeps growing and growing. Most I will probably never play as I don't have a lot of time to be able to play them but I am hoping that I will be able to play quite a few of them when I have the time. So many games, so little time. 

18 hours ago, Kyng said:

Not really... this might be a problem for people who get physical games, but I've only bought digital ones for a decade now. (Indeed, I no longer have any means of playing physical games!)

I've also gone all digital for a decade now and that's the issue I have - my Steam catalogue has at least 350 - 400 games, half of which I have no idea when I'm ever going to play them and I just keep buying even more games. Maybe I need some sort of counselling for this...

On 2/14/2023 at 11:25 AM, The Blackangel said:

I totally get you. As I've said, I have 125 DDL's on my Switch. I've played maybe 10 of them. I keep getting games that look like a lot of fun, and are right up my alley. But after I buy them and they download, I tend to forget that I even have them, or what they're even about.

It's when I look in my Steam Library and go alright I'm going to play that game tomorrow...except tomorrow turns into never lol.

How many gmaes is far to many? I think to myself that I have around 300 games ( I have to add them al up to what Epic and steam has) and yet I can look at other people account or those that are in my friends list and see they ahve doube the amount. End of the day you not going to end up playing them anyway. I brought Farm sim 2022 and I have not even played the game since I got it at day one LOL

On 2/16/2023 at 7:40 AM, Empire said:

How many gmaes is far to many? I think to myself that I have around 300 games ( I have to add them al up to what Epic and steam has) and yet I can look at other people account or those that are in my friends list and see they ahve doube the amount. End of the day you not going to end up playing them anyway. I brought Farm sim 2022 and I have not even played the game since I got it at day one LOL

I have a good number of those as well - some of these games aren't even being sold on Steam anymore either. I should really try to play them but I just can't be bothered lol.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I have a good number of those as well - some of these games aren't even being sold on Steam anymore either. I should really try to play them but I just can't be bothered lol.

I know right, and those games that are not on steam anymore. Worse that you can't even play them if it's listed

On 3/10/2023 at 7:35 AM, Empire said:

I know right, and those games that are not on steam anymore. Worse that you can't even play them if it's listed

Yeah, there are quite a few Indie games that I bought on Steam that have since ceased to exist and I'm questioning myself why was I even interested in that game in the first place that convinced me to buy it.

I know I have too many games, probably around 300-400. It's to the point where I have a hard time deciding what I want to play whenever I do play video games.  For that reason and others I've decided that from Gen 9 onwards, I'm limiting myself to only one console per gen and only 10 games per console.

Not sure what I'm getting for gen 9, though. My plan was to get a Switch 2 so I could at least play pokemon games, but given the serious quality control issues with the most recent pokemon games I no longer feel like they're a safe choice. I might get a PS5 Slim instead (or Pro if that turns out to be real).