Register Now
The Blackangel

Too Many Games?

On 3/26/2023 at 5:57 PM, Rainbow Road said:

In my mind there's not such thing as too many games. 

I mean, it's fine when you can dedicate most of your time to playing games and nothing else but when you have other priorities it can feel like a lot especially if new games of great quality come out because certain games that you bought before will be quickly forgotten about.

I feel like I may have too many games, but looking at a few other posts above maybe my collection isn't as big as I think it is. xD Anyways, I probably will sell some of my games eventually since there are titles I haven't even played yet that I've had for years now. I know a few of my coworkers were interested in buying some games from me.

On 3/29/2023 at 7:53 AM, The Blackangel said:

There's a few games in my library that I've had for more than a decade and still haven't gotten around to playing them even once.

It's sad, but it's also true.

Same - As a matter of fact, the developers have stopped supporting quite a few of those games years ago.

On 3/29/2023 at 1:53 PM, The Blackangel said:

There's a few games in my library that I've had for more than a decade and still haven't gotten around to playing them even once.

It's sad, but it's also true.

I know this feeling only too well. I have so many games that I either purchased or put on my play later list and if I am honest, I still have not gotten around to playing them recently which is shocking.

As I always say though, are you even a gamer if you do not have a huge backlog that you can not seem to get through no matter how hard you try? 😄

Not really. There isn't a clear-cut answer as to whether having too many video games is inherently bad. It really depends on how they impact someone's life and overall well-being. If having a large collection of video games brings joy, relaxation, or serves as a hobby, then it may not be considered harmful. However, if it starts interfering with important responsibilities, relationships, or other aspects of life, then it may be worth reevaluating the quantity and making adjustments. Finding a balance and practicing moderation are key to maintaining a healthy relationship with video games or any form of entertainment.

Yes, many people feel overwhelmed with a large number of games and struggle to find the time to play them all. It's a common issue among avid gamers. But personally, I don't face this issue at all since I download a game only with the purpose of completing it before moving to another one.