Register Now
Kane99

Evil Within 3 coming? Maybe if tease/easter egg in Hi-Fi Rush is true

Looks like there's a possible tease in the game Hi-Fi Rush, that teases a possible sequel to The Evil Within 2. The article below discusses a few easter eggs you can find in Hi-Fi Rush that looks to tease a sequel. The reason they are teasing it is because Hi-Fi Rush is developed by the same studio, so it makes a lot more sense as to why there are so many easter eggs in the game. I haven't played either Evil Within games myself, but I did watch playthroughs of both. Do you think these teases confirm a possible Evil Within 3? 

I also heard from the article, that Ghost Wire Tokyo was made by them as well, and that originally started as an Evil Within game before realizing it didn't work as an Evil Within game and they changed it up. Check out the article and the clips below. 

Article - https://www.gamesradar.com/the-evil-within-3-seemingly-teased-in-hi-fi-rush-easter-egg/

I'm a huge fan of Evil Within so to me it's too good to be true. It is kind of random to add that mirror in there. Maybe there are more easter eggs for Evil Within. But so far I'm not convinced they are making a part 3. I didn't know Ghostwire Tokyo started off as EW3; that is interesting. At least the idea is out there. 

Evil Within 2 was so so good. I loved the semi-open world nature of its areas. I need to get to Ghostwire still too, the backlog is real!

It kinda sucks though that I probably won’t have access to any potential sequel with the Bethesda/Microsoft situation. I do not know if it's real that they would even do another

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Until we get an official trailer, I'm not getting my hopes up. It's perfectly normal for gaming developers to put Easter eggs of other games they own into another franchise. You've seen GTA Easter eggs in RDR2 so I don't take these things that seriously.

That's fair. Better to not take anything serious until we get a for sure confirmation from the team behind it. My guess is that it will happen, but it may be a ways off yet.