Register Now
Kane99

Microsoft cuts jobs in HoloLens, Surface, Xbox as layoffs continue

Wow, really sure you want to buy Activision/Blizzard now Microsoft? It sounds like they're laying off a ton of people, including jobs in the HoloLens, Surface and Xbox markets. It's concerning because they are attempting to buy a massive company for lots of money, and are cutting jobs as we speak. What happens to Activision and the many people working there when they come over? Are they at risk for losing their jobs too? Or at least some of them I imagine. Microsoft have stated they intend to cut 10,000 jobs, or 5% of their company. 

Read more on this below: 

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/international/microsoft-cuts-jobs-hololens-surface-xbox-layoffs-continue

Do you think Microsoft are making bad choices here? I just thing it's inevitable if they purchase Activision, that they will probably be firing some of those employees too. 

Considering they are interested in buying Activision/Blizzard these layoffs are not looking too promising right now. It's pretty much sure that if they purchase Activision, they will more than likely continue the lay offs. Makes you wonder what they are planning if anything at this point as lay offs sure do not sound good. 

8 hours ago, Empire said:

Big business is going to have great quarters after all these layoffs. Just cutting fat to make the numbers look amazing later. I feel sorry for all the people getting cut. That's how business works. Why pay Betsy to do it when Bill can do his job and Betsy's job?

This is very true. It's such a shame that so many are being laid off just to as you stated 'cut the fat' just so it looks better for them. Hopefully all those who do get laid off are able to get a job somewhere else doing what they enjoy. Not the greatest of times at the moment to be laid off but as you say, it's all business and that is how it works. 

On 2/11/2023 at 9:27 PM, Shortie said:

This is very true. It's such a shame that so many are being laid off just to as you stated 'cut the fat' just so it looks better for them. Hopefully all those who do get laid off are able to get a job somewhere else doing what they enjoy. Not the greatest of times at the moment to be laid off but as you say, it's all business and that is how it works. 

Getting a job is not easy, I say good luck to them but a tthis time of day and world we live in it's not simple as that anymore. But then compaines seems they don't care

On 2/10/2023 at 6:44 PM, Shortie said:

Considering they are interested in buying Activision/Blizzard these layoffs are not looking too promising right now. It's pretty much sure that if they purchase Activision, they will more than likely continue the lay offs. Makes you wonder what they are planning if anything at this point as lay offs sure do not sound good. 

It's not a good look, especially for the people working at those companies, as they have to wonder if their jobs will be safe or not when MS buys them up. Imagine how many layoffs there will be when the sale goes through. It's going to be massive. No way they're keeping everyone on board at those companies. 

On 2/11/2023 at 7:28 AM, Empire said:

Big business is going to have great quarters after all these layoffs. Just cutting fat to make the numbers look amazing later. I feel sorry for all the people getting cut. That's how business works. Why pay Betsy to do it when Bill can do his job and Betsy's job?

Yup, just further pushing crunch on these studios. Fun times! 

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's not a good look, especially for the people working at those companies, as they have to wonder if their jobs will be safe or not when MS buys them up. Imagine how many layoffs there will be when the sale goes through. It's going to be massive. No way they're keeping everyone on board at those companies. 

Oh there is definitely no way they would be able to keep everyone on, I can only imagine how many employers there are and how many would not be able to keep their job if they take over the company. It's got to leave many of them feeling very worried not knowing what their future holds. 

On 2/13/2023 at 4:04 PM, Shortie said:

Oh there is definitely no way they would be able to keep everyone on, I can only imagine how many employers there are and how many would not be able to keep their job if they take over the company. It's got to leave many of them feeling very worried not knowing what their future holds. 

That whole company has to be waiting in fear from what could happen if MS is able to make that purchase of Activision and co. So many employees are wondering if they will have a job. On top of that, there is likely to be more firings on their side. It's going to be a mess all around.