Register Now
Kane99

Remedy Games want to make a new game each year starting in 2023

Source - https://wccftech.com/remedy-alan-wake-2-is-playable-from-start-to-finish-well-launch-one-new-game-per-year-starting-in-2023/

So it looks like Alan Wake 2 is being worked on as we speak, and Remedy says it can be played from start to finish right now and they just need to polish it up some before release. I believe 2023 is when Alan Wake 2 drops, so that will likely be their next game. Control 2 is said to be in the works as well, along with a spin-off multiplayer game coming. They also have some other games in the works, but so far just have code names, those being: Codename Condor (multiplayer game I believe), Codename Vanguard (not much details, could be an open world game maybe?). As well, they are working on remakes for Max Payne 1 & 2 and have partnered with Rockstar to do it. Will probably be a lot better than the GTA Remastered Trilogy. :D

They hope to make a new game every year up to 2027 or so. Not bad I'd say. 

A new game every year for the next 4 years is not bad at all. I remember playing Alan Wake and it was a fun game to play, I really enjoyed it so I am looking forward to seeing what Alan Wake 2 has to offer. Also excited to see what Remedy Games has planned for the next 4 years as well. 

I haven't played any of these games from Remedy. My curiosity is definitely piqued though. Max Payne is gonna be a big one. Should be a big one. And those remakes will be done in the latter days of 2027 and the world will have gone to shit by then so we will never see it made. If I take a look back 4 years ago I was sipping tea under the sunset. Now I'm breaking bottles over my head with a chicken bone sticking out of my teeth. 2027??? I'll be traveling across the apocalypse looking for a lab to try and cure humanity's Stupid Syndrome. Alan Wake and Control both look interesting to play. I'm glad to see this developer open up about their prospects for us and they have a pretty good plan the next 4 years. I'll be looking into these games. Thanks for sharing the info!!!

The original isn't perfect, but it has one hell of an atmosphere. Listening to the radio and watching the TV shows while you're out in the middle of the creepy woods is a feeling I haven't really seen replicated in other games. As long as 2 captures any part of that then I'm all in

2 hours ago, Empire said:

The original isn't perfect, but it has one hell of an atmosphere. Listening to the radio and watching the TV shows while you're out in the middle of the creepy woods is a feeling I haven't really seen replicated in other games. As long as 2 captures any part of that then I'm all in

Oh for sure, it's not perfect, but for me, it's one of those games that has a interesting story, plays good, and has that spooky atmosphere you speak of. This new Alan Wake is going to be vastly different, and is said to be a lot scarier and tougher too. When I saw the reveal I was getting the Evil Within vibes from it. 

I'm sure it will follow a similar style. I'm willing to bet the TVs and radios will make a re-appearance. Maybe they'll have us collecting pages again too lol. 

A new game every year sounds good on the surface, but my hesitation would come from wondering if they released broken or rushed games to live up to that promise. Trying to go with a deadline like that could be a huge problem. I would rather they just announce games they're working on, but give no release dates.

Like I said, sounds nice, but highly impractical.

On 2/14/2023 at 9:20 AM, The Blackangel said:

A new game every year sounds good on the surface, but my hesitation would come from wondering if they released broken or rushed games to live up to that promise. Trying to go with a deadline like that could be a huge problem. I would rather they just announce games they're working on, but give no release dates.

Like I said, sounds nice, but highly impractical.

That's fair. I don't have a clue how they plan to do it. They might have other studios working on these other games, that would be my guess at least, because they would be stretched pretty thin doing a game every year. They could also have had some work done on these reported games for years now. Would make more sense why they want to drop a game a year during that period. 

On 2/27/2023 at 9:04 PM, Kane99 said:

That's fair. I don't have a clue how they plan to do it. They might have other studios working on these other games, that would be my guess at least, because they would be stretched pretty thin doing a game every year. They could also have had some work done on these reported games for years now. Would make more sense why they want to drop a game a year during that period. 

Good point on them probably working on these other games years ago. However, we would've heard something about at least one of these games.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Good point on them probably working on these other games years ago. However, we would've heard something about at least one of these games.

Not necessarily, some games get made without anyone finding out. They all could have been code name games as well. Studios do that all the time to make sure their game doesn't get out there. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Not necessarily, some games get made without anyone finding out. They all could have been code name games as well. Studios do that all the time to make sure their game doesn't get out there. 

Yeah - you're right but a game a year is still a tall order because how long do they plan on maintaining said games? Do they have enough staff to meet these demands?