Register Now
killamch89

If you could time-travel to any point in the history of technology, which period would you visit and why?

Mine would probably be the late 70's - early 80's as well. I was born in 1986 and even though I did get to experience some of the technology from the early 80's I don't remember much about it so I would love to be able to travel back that far and be able to experience technology back then that I could remember. 

I would go back to the 80's. It was a simpler time when technology didn't rule our entire lives. The internet hadn't been invented yet, the music attained perfection in 1986. Scientific fact. And the world was a lot more laid back. No Karen epidemic for example. It was simpler, and just a better time all around.

I miss it.

6 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think it would be cool to go back when automobiles were first invented. Must have been fun riding around on a big go-kart. They probably got the same feelings we would feel if we had our personal little flying car or jet pack mobile. 

Just remember that with the Model T, you could have any color you wanted as long as you chose black.

Probably back to the 90s, as it's where most of my childhood took place, and to revisit that time would be cool. To watch the movies, tv, see family and all that. But, I think it'd be cool to play all the retro games of the time and maybe even build up a bigger gaming collection lol. 

On 2/19/2023 at 2:51 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think it would be cool to go back when automobiles were first invented. Must have been fun riding around on a big go-kart. They probably got the same feelings we would feel if we had our personal little flying car or jet pack mobile. 

It'd probably be like how we'd be absolutely amazed at seeing cars run on electricity back when it was introduced. If I remember correctly, you had some kind of cranking mechanism to get the engine running (at least that's what they said on the documentaries about the first automobile).

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It'd probably be like how we'd be absolutely amazed at seeing cars run on electricity back when it was introduced. If I remember correctly, you had some kind of cranking mechanism to get the engine running (at least that's what they said on the documentaries about the first automobile).

Actually I think it was the steam powered tricycle. Goes fast as 2 mph and you have to stop every 15 minutes. 

220px-TricycleSerpollet.jpg.5e5288355db43af52123df7b252ff070.jpg

Well, ok maybe my dreams are crushed. 

On 2/28/2023 at 7:57 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Actually I think it was the steam powered tricycle. Goes fast as 2 mph and you have to stop every 15 minutes. 

220px-TricycleSerpollet.jpg.5e5288355db43af52123df7b252ff070.jpg

Well, ok maybe my dreams are crushed. 

I heard they used to do bank robberies with some of these. How on earth did they ever manage to get away - I mean you don't have to run very fast to keep up with it.

I would visit the late 1990s and early 2000s because that's when the gaming industry was booming with the release of iconic consoles like the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. I would love to experience the excitement and innovation of that era firsthand. Plus, I could finally beat all those classic games I missed out on!