Register Now
killamch89

If you could eliminate one tech product from existence, which one would you choose and why?

Electric cigarettes.

How fucking entitled and useless do you have to be to want an electric cigarette? There's millions of other things that could use that money for a worthwhile cause. But instead we waste it on shit like this. I remember the first time I saw an electric toothbrush, I thought it couldn't get any worse. I can't believe I was wrong about that. What's next? Electric farts? Electric urination? Maybe it will be electric handwriting. Or maybe someone will hopefully find the stupid bastard that came up with this shit, and remove them from the fucking gene pool.

Probably get rid of human's ability to genetic engineer any organism from bacteria, virus, seed, plant, bugs, animals, humans, and beyond. That just creeps me out. Every time I eat a piece of fruit that has no seeds in it, freaks me out. We might lose the ability to protect ourselves and food from disease, but so what. More harm than good comes out of it in the long run. I don't want a bunch of soldier enhanced clones, or a human fish face, or human giraffe neck. Roach antennae. Or become the Thing. 

I would definitely without even thinking twice have to say nuclear bombs. The fact we have these in the world and all it takes is for the hit of one button to set it off is very worrying. Depending on who is in charge at the time it's putting a lot of trust into that person and all it takes is for them to go off and hit that button. 

On 2/14/2023 at 2:01 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Probably get rid of human's ability to genetic engineer any organism from bacteria, virus, seed, plant, bugs, animals, humans, and beyond. That just creeps me out. Every time I eat a piece of fruit that has no seeds in it, freaks me out. We might lose the ability to protect ourselves and food from disease, but so what. More harm than good comes out of it in the long run. I don't want a bunch of soldier enhanced clones, or a human fish face, or human giraffe neck. Roach antennae. Or become the Thing. 

Science has gotten to a point right now that they clone pretty much anything. I heard that they're even working on technology to recreate the ancient DNA of long-extinct creatures using DNA from their descendants so they'd have an elephant impregnated with the Wooly mammoth DNA which would theoretically recreate a Wooly Mammoth. I can just see a Jurassic Park scenario being the end result.

On 2/15/2023 at 4:41 PM, killamch89 said:

Science has gotten to a point right now that they clone pretty much anything. I heard that they're even working on technology to recreate the ancient DNA of long-extinct creatures using DNA from their descendants so they'd have an elephant impregnated with the Wooly mammoth DNA which would theoretically recreate a Wooly Mammoth. I can just see a Jurassic Park scenario being the end result.

People need to understand that Mother Nature knows what she's doing. The only exception to your thought that I would have is if it's something that went extinct as a direct result of human actions. Typically it's either over hunting, or poaching. But there have been other animals that went extinct as a result of human interaction that weren't hunted or poached. If that's the case, I would be interested in seeing what the end result would be. Hopefully, it would be a positive thing.

But then again, Mother Nature may have used us to do her work when she wanted something gone.

On 2/17/2023 at 8:49 AM, The Blackangel said:

People need to understand that Mother Nature knows what she's doing. The only exception to your thought that I would have is if it's something that went extinct as a direct result of human actions. Typically it's either over hunting, or poaching. But there have been other animals that went extinct as a result of human interaction that weren't hunted or poached. If that's the case, I would be interested in seeing what the end result would be. Hopefully, it would be a positive thing.

But then again, Mother Nature may have used us to do her work when she wanted something gone.

I'm all for not messing with Mother nature because we'll probably end up with something that we ourselves can't manage to take down. Imagine trying to bring back a Wooly Mammoth - from scientific discoveries, those things are tanks compared to modern elephants and I imagine it'd be far more vicious. Humans have always been destructive towards nature - it's just that Mother nature will always find a way to replenish itself even though it takes some time.