Register Now
Kane99

Bobby Kotick will stay CEO if Microsoft purchase of Activision/Blizzard doesn't go through

Well, more bad news either way you look at it. If Microsoft buys Activision/Blizzard, it will change the gaming world, some say they're good with it, some are against it. I'd say it's about 70/30 70 for people being against it, and about 30% for it, that'd be my guess anyway.

A massive publisher like Activision/Blizzard, going to Xbox's side, and mostly being exclusive to it. That in itself isn't great for gaming, but neither would it be if Bobby Kotick stayed in at CEO. If Microsoft makes the purchase, Bobby Kotick could be out, getting rid of one of the worst CEOs in history. But not only that, we may see other layoffs of people that did wrong, hopefully. We all know there are bad apples at Activision/Blizzard, just like Mr. Kotick himself. But..., this is Microsoft we're talking about, so they could easily end up keeping Kotick around. 

But if the sale doesn't go through, Bobby Kotick stays CEO. Either way you look at it, it's bad all around. Bobby Kotick stays in power, or Microsoft gets Activision/Blizzard and maybe tosses Kotick out. 

Still don't get how this douche canoe is still CEO, he should have been forced out forever ago. 

Read about this story here - https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2023/02/14/bobby-kotick-stays-activision-blizzard-ceo-microsoft-deal-blocked-report/

Edited by Kane99

That whole acquisition stinks to low hell and while this is a perfect opportunity to get rid of Kotick, both Microsoft and Activision are sending a clear message they are not interested in making a change for the better despite those serious workplace controversies. Plus, look at the fiasco with NetEase destroying Activision offices in China. If the acquisition goes through Microsoft has agreed to allow unions. How exactly that will potentially play out now is confusing because Kotick is the face that requires the need for unions. He isn't the person who would respect a union. He would corrupt it and give unions a bad name as that could be a possible intention. And Microsoft also hates unions. Does a union automatically make everything better? With a CEO like that, he could demand another vote to keep unions and put pressure on employees and threaten their jobs if they vote to keep it. That is what Amazon did to their employees. And it seems that Kotick is surrounded by a bunch of yes men. Looks like Microsoft is getting ready for possible unionization too by firing 10,000 employees. And who exactly will they be firing? Probably people who would support a union. If the acquisition doesn't go through then Kotick stays CEO for Activision for sure, and that is w/o the agreement to unionize. Activision would remain how it was soaked in controversy. And their relationship with China now isn't too good. This whole greedy shit never should have happened is what I say. Block the acquisition, form a union, and get rid of Kotick. Those 3 would be a happy ending in a fairy tale. We will be stuck with at least one of those 3 not going right, and maybe all 3 not going right cause that is the world of reality where we all are trying to coexist with forces working against the common person. 

People that don't like this guy (and there are many reasons not to) say he is just peddling to make it go through because he wants his money. They don't understand he will get payed regardless, it's more of the principle are you paying him to Stay or to Leave. If the deal goes through he will be leaving if it fails he will be staying and still making more money over the years.

36 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I thought the acquisition was finalized last year and that Microsoft already owns it?

No, they have to get approved first. People just got overly excited about it. They only announced an intent to buy them. But they can't finalize it until government body approval.

On 2/27/2023 at 6:17 PM, killamch89 said:

I mean, what was everyone expecting - That company is rotten from top to bottom and he's the embodiment of that. Him going wouldn't change much because the management team he assembled are still there which means nothing's going to change.

True that! I have a feeling if Microsoft does succeed in making the purchase, then I can see them keeping Bobby Kotick. Either that, they will put him into another job, maybe one away from most people. 

It's still sad that Activision has decided not to boot the guy. He's an awful person and I don't know how he's stayed in as CEO. 

On 3/3/2023 at 1:55 PM, Kane99 said:

True that! I have a feeling if Microsoft does succeed in making the purchase, then I can see them keeping Bobby Kotick. Either that, they will put him into another job, maybe one away from most people. 

It's still sad that Activision has decided not to boot the guy. He's an awful person and I don't know how he's stayed in as CEO. 

He should but the reality of the situation is that in every industry, there's always politics involved as well other factors that we aren't privy to.