Register Now
Nebulous

Medal from the govt/military?

My grandpa was a Colonel in the Air force and got the silver star, bronze star, air medal, meritorious service medal, and national defense medal. He flew the F-102 and F-106. During Vietnam he was a forward air controller and discovered a major supply route in the TET offensive. They renamed that road after him Glenn Adams Highway. He died on a motorcycle. 

13 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

My grandpa was a Colonel in the Air force and got the silver star, bronze star, air medal, meritorious service medal, and national defense medal. He flew the F-102 and F-106. During Vietnam he was a forward air controller and discovered a major supply route in the TET offensive. They renamed that road after him Glenn Adams Highway. He died on a motorcycle. 

Edit--I was told he flew F-22, but his death certificate mentions F-102 and F-106. I think there is some confusion on my part about the F-22 on another post. He also trained pilots and that may be a jet he trained others on. He started a military academy in Florida, so he possibly flew all sorts of jets. 

That I am aware of I do not think there has been anyone I know who has received a medal from the government or military or at least not that I have been told. I would have to ask family members regarding that to see if they know anything, my grandma would be the one that would know if anyone did receive anything.