Register Now
killamch89

Multiversus Is Yet Another Dying Live Service, Player Count Has Dropped By Over 99%

I used to play this all the time up to the end of last year but I just grew bored of it. Hardly any more game modes and updates anymore so I'm not surprised that the player base lost interest. It's a shame too because it's one of the few live service games that I actually liked. What are your thoughts on Multiversus slowly dying?

I think what also killed Multiversus was the fact that there was no Asia Servers on full lunch (And there still isn't any according to people on twitter) And the servers are only limited to those that can play in their region. My reason for not playing is due to this, being Deployed to south korea and playing alittle by paying the 20$ early access, only to be blocked once the full game came out. And using a VPN didn't work because the games were super laggy that you rubberband all over.

I think the problem with this game, is that they didn't push it like Fortnite or any other big live service game. They started out good, but then people lost interest. It probably doesn't help that the game wasn't that good to begin with and I suppose gamers notice when a game is half baked, and from what I saw, this game was kinda half baked. Like it wasn't near as good as something like Smash Bros. 

Maybe if they added more to it, better gameplay, more modes, etc, it could have survived. 

On 3/10/2023 at 1:25 PM, Kane99 said:

I think the problem with this game, is that they didn't push it like Fortnite or any other big live service game. They started out good, but then people lost interest. It probably doesn't help that the game wasn't that good to begin with and I suppose gamers notice when a game is half baked, and from what I saw, this game was kinda half baked. Like it wasn't near as good as something like Smash Bros. 

Maybe if they added more to it, better gameplay, more modes, etc, it could have survived. 

I agree, they started out with a good amount of character updates and then the updates just stopped. No intriguing game modes or new quality content. I thought the gameplay itself was really good and was fun but the lack of support is what really killed this game.

39 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I agree, they started out with a good amount of character updates and then the updates just stopped. No intriguing game modes or new quality content. I thought the gameplay itself was really good and was fun but the lack of support is what really killed this game.

Did the updates stop or was it because they weren't marketing the game enough? Because when it first came out, I felt like even then they weren't putting much effort into marketing it, and I think that too could have been a reason it failed. 

And, if they updated the game to fix the gripes people had, it might've even done better. 

9 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Did the updates stop or was it because they weren't marketing the game enough? Because when it first came out, I felt like even then they weren't putting much effort into marketing it, and I think that too could have been a reason it failed. 

And, if they updated the game to fix the gripes people had, it might've even done better. 

The marketing was adequate but the updates weren't as frequent after they added Lebron James and few others to the game. I mean, there was three vs three mode as well but nobody hardly played that.