Register Now
BangEm

Have Microsoft Run Out Of Ideas?

Looks epic, and yet people can make or do tht anyway from home if they had the gear. But why? does it help wit hthe cooling or they are just so bored that they wanted to do something that crayz and sell it for a higher price tag

Kinda looks like a PS5 lol. 

But seriously, I'm guessing this is some kind of mod/custom build someone did. Or just your typical promotion with a big company. I highly doubt they have any intention of mass selling this. I'm willing to bet it's more of a novelty thing for a partnership. Kinda like what KFC did with that Xbox One themed controller that never released and was only given away during a giveaway, it could result in a giveaway for the console maybe. 

I will admit I was not expecting to see an Oreo Xbox today but some days can be full of surprises! I will admit that does look really cool though and I do like what they have done with the Xbox and the Oreo as well. Do I think this is showing that they are running out of ideas? Definitely not, it's something unique and different that no one else has done before and in a lot of cases, that is what Xbox and Microsoft like to do. 

Xbox still seems to sell well and their Game Pass service is still quite popular so I do not think they are running out of ideas but more trying new things. 

On 4/5/2023 at 5:04 AM, Shortie said:

I will admit I was not expecting to see an Oreo Xbox today but some days can be full of surprises! I will admit that does look really cool though and I do like what they have done with the Xbox and the Oreo as well. Do I think this is showing that they are running out of ideas? Definitely not, it's something unique and different that no one else has done before and in a lot of cases, that is what Xbox and Microsoft like to do. 

Xbox still seems to sell well and their Game Pass service is still quite popular so I do not think they are running out of ideas but more trying new things. 

We're seeing all kinds of collaborative projects between companies who are in very different industries. Fortnite is the prime example - I'm surprised that Fortnite hasn't made a Skittles event. 

On 4/5/2023 at 5:48 PM, The Blackangel said:

After seeing this, they're running on fumes.

To be fair, I've seen way worse in recent years. I totally agree that this is a bizarre collaboration and still can't make much sense of it but in today's environment, it's not as bizarre as say Cheetos Flaming Hot Ice Cream (it's actually real).

On 4/11/2023 at 7:29 PM, killamch89 said:

We're seeing all kinds of collaborative projects between companies who are in very different industries. Fortnite is the prime example - I'm surprised that Fortnite hasn't made a Skittles event. 

Not going to lie, a skittles event would be awesome and I would definitely love to see something like that. I have to agree with you that collabs between companies is something we are now seeing often and I believe are going to be around for the foreseeable future. 

I can only imagine what collabs are in the works for companies that like to do that kind of thing such as Microsoft and even Epic Games. 

Microsoft is known for being really good at coming up with new, cool stuff. They're always thinking of clever ideas and making advancements in things like computers in the cloud, smart robot brains, video games, and tools to help people get stuff done. Like any company, they face challenges and have their ups and downs, but it's too early to say they're out of good ideas without looking at what they're working on right now and what they're planning for the future.

Eh, I feel that skins aren't really needed for a console. If anything, sometimes it can mess with airflow and performance, so I'd rather have stock, or if needed add a fan blowing cool air towards it, but that's about it for me. Don't need a fancy 3D "case" like this xbox has. A simpler wrap would be more my speed, if I were to go that route.