Register Now
BangEm

YouTuber Think Tank.....

Hey guys, 

So i've been YouTubing coming up to 3yrs now and still i feel my discoverability has been subpar (UK based). What was the pivotal moment for any YouTuber on here that gave you the traction you desired?

I'd love to bump heads with other creators on here and create a rolling think tank as to where we can bounce ideas off of each other within this thread.

Maybe possible collaborations (given the new PS5\Discord chat compatibility is out)

As this isn't strictly a gaming topic, I'm moving this thread to general chat.

As for the question, there isn't much that I can honestly say. I've only really uploaded to YouTube for practical reasons (living having clips to embed into my game reviews, for example) and never really sought a following. Honestly, I think Youtubers are at the mercy of luck and the algorithm and have very little control over thier own success. I suppose being very active on social media and the aforementioned Discord wouldn't hurt.

Edited by Shagger

6 minutes ago, Shagger said:

As this isn't strictly a gaming topic, I'm moving this thread to general chat.

As for the question, there isn't much that I can honestly say. I've only really uploaded to YouTube for practical reasons (living having clips to embed into my game revies, for example) and never really sought a following. Honestly, I think Youtubers are at the mercy of luck and the algorithm and have very little control over thier own success. I suppose being very active on social media and the aforementioned Discord wouldn't hurt.

The discord aspect can be draining at times especially given if you are in 20+ different servers. I think you are right about the algorithm though, it does feel like pot luck and paid marketing i feel is a false placebo (as in it doesn't really give you the organic growth you desire).

Of the 3 channels I have (two of which are several years old) it's pure luck if you gain any kind of following. One channel I have is nothing more than my YouTube account. I uploaded a couple videos just for the hell of it. The other is just a bunch of rants and goofy stories from my past. The third, is a gaming channel that @Rain Dew and I both run together.

We're not looking for any kind of following, we just do it for fun. If we start getting subscribers, great. If not, oh freaking well.

With YouTube being so overly saturated now it does take a lot more than it used to for you to get discovered on YouTube. With their release of YouTube Shorts though, I myself and also many others that I know who stream and also upload to YouTube have found working both shorts and also longer videos works best to get discovered. So for example, post your usual longer videos like you would normally but try to incorporate in some shorts if you are able to. If you are consistent you will start to notice a difference. I hope that helps 🙂