Register Now
Kane99

How do you categorize your game collection - Alphabetical/by genre/by franchise?

When it comes to your gaming collection, how do you usually store it, or shall I say show it off? For me I tend to just put my games on a shelf, for their own consoles. So PS2 in their own section, Xbox in its own, etc. 

I used to alphabetize my collections, but I got a bit lazy, so I would usually just store my favorites to one side and the rest I have below that kinda. What about you though? Do you like to store it alphabetically? Or maybe by its franchise? So Call of Duty games will get its own section, Madden gets its own section, etc. Or you could go based off of the genre of game, so shooters, fighters, etc get their own respective sections. 

I organize by system then alphabetical like everyone else. I have a separate shelf I do the same system of organization but with my same system multiplayer games so friends can easily see what options we have for playing together.

4 hours ago, Empire said:

I organize by system then alphabetical like everyone else. I have a separate shelf I do the same system of organization but with my same system multiplayer games so friends can easily see what options we have for playing together.

That's kinda what I do, have my games set aside based on console type, but I've gotten lazy over the years where I don't bother to put them in alphabetical order. 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Mostly I go by system. When I'm sorting them, I try to keep most of the same general genre together. In my list, I list them alphabetically. That list is 13 pages long, so I have to keep them like that.

Ok, so system > genre > then Alphabetical? And damn, that's a lot of games, haha. I wouldn't want to deal with alphabetizing all of those, but the way you have your set up, it might not be so bad. 

I categorize my games Alphabetically and by console, but I keep all my Sonic games separate from the rest of my collection since it's my favorite gaming franchise. My sonic games are categorized by release date. However, I've run out of space on my shelf so I'm going to need to invest in a bigger shelf at some point. :V

Edited by Ravenfreak