Register Now
The Blackangel

Would you like to see another Mortal Kombat Mythologies?

We have Sub-Zero covered, and if I remember right, they were initially planning to do one for each of the original characters. But they screwed up MKM Sub-Zero so bad, that the idea was scrapped after they saw how bad the reviews were. Even AVGN did a review. And in this instance, his rage was totally appropriate. If they were to fix their screw ups, and tone down the difficulty a good deal, then I would personally love to see them continue the series. I would especially like to see the Outworlders, Scorpion, and Kano get their games made. They made one of the worst games on the N64. It was screwed before it hit the shelves.

So my vote is YES, I would like to see them revive the series. Just as long as they learn where they fucked up from the Sub-Zero entry.

They kind of already did something similar with Shaolin Monks I believe it was. In that game I believe you could play co-op. It was essentially a beat 'em up where you played as either Liu Kang and or Kung Lao. Supposedly the story takes place during MKII. I remember hearing about it and from the looks of it, is kind of similar to the sub-zero game, but this time it's actually good. 

I watched a playthrough of it years ago and I think it's also more open, as you can walk in all directions instead of left and right. But I may be wrong, it's been a long time. 

As for future games like that, I'm all for it. More single player/co-op beat 'em ups would be nice. 

I'd love that - I personally liked the Sub-zero game even though it had its flaws and trust me, there were lots of them. I also quite liked Shaolin Monks from a story standpoint because we got more lore on the Mortal Kombat universe outside of the main story. I'd personally like to learn more about Quan Chi and why he's flipping twisted. In my opinion, he's even worse than Shinnok.

I don't know, I'm just not sure MK lends itself well to a story about a single protagonist. Yes, they cocked up Sub-Zero Mytnoligies, but even with the gameplay fixed I still don't see this working that well. 

Since you mentioned the AVGN episode, here it is  for everyone.

The game is much more enjoyable as a game to play with friends at a lower skill level. If you enjoy high level play that’s fine, but the game devolving into who can more consistently hit the same 40% combo is boring as hell to watch/play. Yet MK11's story was hot garbage. Doing another time travel story that pretty much undoes MK9 & MKX really pissed me off. Not to mention, Sonya is probably one of the most annoying characters in the franchise now. Also my disappointment in NRS wasting Dark Raiden is immeasurable.

On 3/16/2023 at 7:20 AM, Empire said:

The game is much more enjoyable as a game to play with friends at a lower skill level. If you enjoy high level play that’s fine, but the game devolving into who can more consistently hit the same 40% combo is boring as hell to watch/play. Yet MK11's story was hot garbage. Doing another time travel story that pretty much undoes MK9 & MKX really pissed me off. Not to mention, Sonya is probably one of the most annoying characters in the franchise now. Also my disappointment in NRS wasting Dark Raiden is immeasurable.

I agree about MK 11's story - another freaking time-travel/ reboot. What's the point of the series if all the consequences can be undone. I'd have liked some of the main cast to stay dead just to create a lot of tension throughout MK 11. But no, instead we got a big reset button...again!