Register Now
DC

The Last of Us multiplayer spin-off might be on PS4 and PS5

https://www.xfire.com/the-last-of-us-multiplayer-spin-off-ps4/

I just saw here there is a Naughty Dog job posting for an associate multiplayer quality assurance tester who has "working knowledge of PS4 and PS5 systems." If you want to see the original posting, you can find it here. The posting doesn’t specifically mention the TLOU multiplayer game, though it does mention TLOU Part I in passing. It seems like a strong possibility that this listing is relevant to the TLOU multiplayer spin-off, and that the game will be playable on PS4 and not just PS5.

I don’t think you guys realize how intense/fun last of us mp was back in the og PlayStation 4 days. There was only two mp shooters at that time, call of duty and last of us mp. Last of us mp felt exactly like gears of war.

On 3/14/2023 at 2:11 PM, Shagger said:

TLOU multiplayer should just be a part of the game, not a sperate title. That's how it was in the original, so why not?

Trying their best to milk the series. I've seen a lot of series take up this approach in recent years. Halo, RDR2 the most notable ones - it's such a disgusting and greedy practice.

If any company knowingly milks their franchises, it's certainly Capcom. It's not as if Naughty Dog make new The Last of Us games an annual or a near annual tradition like Resident Evil has been, since the introduction of the RE Engine. If Naughty Dog were to do that, their seal of quality would become anus gravy.

No. Rather, I can appreciate their attention to detail so the game comes out right. Sans of course, the awful PC port of the first game. But they are working to address the technical issues. 

I wouldn't say they're milkers as much as Capcom. To be honest, I don't really read about them in the press nearly as much.