Register Now
Shagger

Lance Reddick, known for his roles in video games Destiny and Horizon Zero Dawn/Forbidden West, dies aged 60. RIP

The actor, who is probably best known for his roles in the TV series The Wire and in the John Wick film franchise, passed away suddenly Friday morning from natural causes. He was 60 years old. Full story from Sky News.

230317-Lance-Reddick-mjf-1517-55423b.thumb.jpg.7df2deacd9205d51a173e6e73edb3845.jpg

Personally, I will always best know his from his role as the self motivated antagonist from the Horizon franchise, Sylens, and I loved him in that role.

image_2023-03-18_224611777.thumb.png.e8ac4bf3cda33e0ef9fa6152520c9719.png

He had such a unique presence and authority about him. A truly talented and brilliant performer taken from us way too soon and while at his peek. This is such a shame. RIP, Lance.

Edited by Shagger

This was so shocking to hear, he was one of the best character actors out there, every role I saw him in was brilliantly acted and came to life. Arguably his presence alone uplifted HZD from a mediocre looter shooter into something intriguing.

And secondly it is shocking because I thought he was in his 40s. Still 60 is way too young to go.

I hope you had a fullfilling life Lance, RIP, looking forward to Wick 4 even more now knowing that it is one of your last roles.

On 3/21/2023 at 8:57 AM, m76 said:

This was so shocking to hear, he was one of the best character actors out there, every role I saw him in was brilliantly acted and came to life. Arguably his presence alone uplifted HZD from a mediocre looter shooter into something intriguing.

And secondly it is shocking because I thought he was in his 40s. Still 60 is way too young to go.

I hope you had a fullfilling life Lance, RIP, looking forward to Wick 4 even more now knowing that it is one of your last roles.

Sorry to go off topic, especially in a topic like this, but was a typo? Did you mean to say Destiny instead of HZD? Whether one likes the game or not calling HZD a looter shooter just doesn't make sense, especially when the other game in the discussion, Destiny, obviously is a looter shooter.

Regardless, couldn't agree more on Lance. He has been taken from us way to soon. I haven't actually watched the John Wick movies ( I don't know why, they just sort of passed me by), but I'm keen to get caught up with them.

Edited by Shagger

What... I can't believe it. He was the best part of the Resident Evil show by a landslide, that's the first thing I've ever watched him in. Just a great actor and very charismatic, can't believe he died so young. Rest in peace...

2 minutes ago, Kyng said:

RIP, Lance Reddick 😢 . My condolences to his friends and family.

I hope John Wick: Chapter 4 has a very successful run at the box office in his honour. 

Same - I've enjoyed all the other John Wick movies and he's going to be a huge miss.

I knew him myself as the voice of Zavala in Destiny 2, such sad news to hear that he has passed. Going to be very difficult to get someone else to do the voice of Zavala in Destiny 2 as he was so unique on that role. 

My thoughts go out to his family at this time. He will definitely be missed. 

On 3/21/2023 at 12:45 PM, Shagger said:

Sorry to go off topic, especially in a topic like this, but was a typo? Did you mean to say Destiny instead of HZD? Whether one likes the game or not calling HZD a looter shooter just doesn't make sense, especially when the other game in the discussion, Destiny, obviously is a looter shooter.

Just because you use bows and arrows instead of firearms in HZD i think it is still a looter shooter. You literally shoot machines and loot resources from them, and most mission rewards are lootboxes in the game. I don't think you can get more looter shooter than that.

I was quite sad to hear of his passing as he was an active character in Destiny! It was hard to lose a character due to the loss of a great actor. I think the game did him justice though in the end. He will forever be remembered through these games!