Register Now
Shagger

Apparently the PC Port of The Last of Us Part I isn't very good...

Another day, another game released busted. This time it's the PC port of one of the best games ever made, The Last of Us Part 1 that is now sitting at a mostly negative on steam. Also steam reckons that game might suit me for being similar to Fallout 4, which seams crazy to me.

385851714_tloupc1.thumb.png.98288d99c7d40672cbbcd861d1f01738.png

918103029_tloupc2.thumb.png.adbd5d8db2075bcb84b23fa89b7642c4.png

The complaints range from bad optimisation to stability problems with crashes and the game running poorly. This port was developed by both Naughty Dog themselves and Iron Galaxy who are a developer who mostly do ports and support development for other developers. They have had mixed success with good ports games like Skyrim on Nintendo Switch and Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy on PC, to Batman Arkham Knight on PC (That really was a train wreck). I also hear that that the game itself was cracked on day 1 of release, not that one would want to pirate this in it's current state anyway without the patch's the game sorely needs.

If you or someone you know is interested in this, it's best to wait until the game has been fixed and Naughty Dog have confirmed that they are working on it. Even so, it's really disappointing to see this happen yet again. There's no way they didn't know, so why not just push it back to make sure it's ready? I don't know why in 2023 game publishers and developers continue to do this. They know what happens, we've all seen it time and time again.

The best advice being offered to anyone interested in this game right now is to wait. HZD had some issues at launch as well (but nothing like this) and did end up as a great PC port, so faith in Naughty Dog to fix this would be well placed, but they deserve the criticism for allowing this to happen in the first place.

Edited by Shagger

Yep, I've been seeing a lot of complaints on Twitter and lots of videos about this as well. Yongyea even did one about a week ago - To be perfectly honest, they deserved this. Instead of making more DLC content for the second installment of the 2nd LOU game, they wanted to be greedy and remake the original game to cash in on the franchise's surging popularity since the TV show. Seriously, what's with companies giving us such half-assed remakes that utterly destroy the legacy of the original game. First it was Rockstar and now Naughty Dogs/Sony. As a matter of fact, I'm more inclined to blame Sony because they're the ones who were probably pushing this in the first place...

It really is a shame to see that they have managed to port such a great game and mess it up. Had it of been done properly without being messed up it would have been a huge success but messing it up like they have done, they may never pull back from it now or of they do, it is going to take a while. 

On 4/5/2023 at 8:29 AM, Shortie said:

It really is a shame to see that they have managed to port such a great game and mess it up. Had it of been done properly without being messed up it would have been a huge success but messing it up like they have done, they may never pull back from it now or of they do, it is going to take a while. 

As I've said with remakes previously, when done well, it can galvanize and re-invigorate a whole franchise but a terrible one can also do the opposite.