Register Now
Rain Dew

Rage Quitting

Really? A Plague Tale: Innocence made you rage quit? I know that game doesn't exactly offer much in ways to defend yourself, but its not really that kind of game and the difficulty balance I felt was actually OK. A little easy, if anything. The sequel certainly fixed that (My Review), maybe even over-fixed...

But anyway, onto the topic. Pretty much every "souls" game I've tried have compelled me to give up quick. Not because they were hard, I understand that's the intention, but because the difficulty was built around a trial and error approach. It's all about try-die until you figure it out, and to me that's not challenging, or at least not legitimately so. Except Nioh, that game I quit after a few moments (after taking an hour to get it to work) because it killed me for pausing to change settings, to fix a problem the game itself created in the first place. I'm a patient guy, but that style of game jus grates me.

It would be the The Legend Of Zelda: Goddess Of Wisdom. It’s a ROM-hack, but it was designed to not be beaten. I truly believe that. I played it for 2 years and only made it into the third temple. I didn’t beat it because in the second room you have to fight an all but invincible Vitreous. The only thing that can harm any part of it is either an arrow or a spin attack. And like I said, the bastard is all but invincible.

I haven’t played it in almost two years due to that level of difficulty. I love a challenge, but this one just went too damn far.

I think the one game that made me rage quit the most was Cuphead. I have played many games over the years that have been frustrating and have made me rage a little but Cuphead definitely took the top spot. In fact, since the last time I played Cuphead and rage quit I have not been back on it since. 

12 hours ago, Shortie said:

I think the one game that made me rage quit the most was Cuphead. I have played many games over the years that have been frustrating and have made me rage a little but Cuphead definitely took the top spot. In fact, since the last time I played Cuphead and rage quit I have not been back on it since. 

Cuphead is a BITCH. I've been playing and replaying it, and have never even made it past the first stage. It's a great game, and I absolutely love the graphics, but DAMN IT'S HARD.

Just to note, the reason I love the graphics so much is because they're the style of the cartoons I watched as a kid.
Those were the REAL cartoons. Not this Teen Titans and Spongebob bullshit.

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Cuphead is a BITCH. I've been playing and replaying it, and have never even made it past the first stage. It's a great game, and I absolutely love the graphics, but DAMN IT'S HARD.

Just to note, the reason I love the graphics so much is because they're the style of the cartoons I watched as a kid.
Those were the REAL cartoons. Not this Teen Titans and Spongebob bullshit.

Agreed on both, it really is difficult and I myself have never made it past the first part, I have seen people that have but damn did it take them a while to get past the first part and a lot of rage along the way as well. 

I agree with you on the cartoons as well, takes me back to when I was a kid when I watched cartoons, a lot different to what we have now but feels more normal that what we have now as well. 

On 4/5/2023 at 5:05 AM, Shortie said:

I forgot about that one - a currently inactive member used to play it all the time and I decided to try it out and...I pretty much was so fed up, I haven't played it since. 🤣

Personally, I've never done rage quitting lol but I love to see people doing it. xD For those who are not aware of the term, rage quitting is the act of abruptly leaving a game or activity out of frustration or anger. It is often done in response to unfavorable circumstances or perceived unfairness. While it can provide temporary relief, it is generally not a constructive way to handle frustration. 

Call of Duty.... hands down... Call of Duty. Spawn camping/dying is my least favorite thing in the world. When you feel trapped and you can't escape spawning and dying within 3 seconds. 

There was a moment in Kingdom Hearts 3 where I quit though too! Pirates of the Caribbean world where I had to navigate the ship... for some reason I just really struggled with that. I quit the game for months because of it. XD 

Definitely Dark Souls III. It took me 15 tries before I defeated the first boss and afterwards, I died around 3 more times so I decided nah that's it I'm done lol. I would love to go back to the game someday, and actually beat it since I barely played it. I knew what I was getting myself into though when I bought the game. Also I just rage quit a Sonic hack last night too, the creators put way too many badniks in their layouts so I kept running into enemies left and right. Also the level layouts were annoying to navigate.

Lol! I don't know if I have ever "rage quit" a game. I have gotten bored, or sometimes even burned out trying to get past a certain point.

Returnal annoys me. As soon as you die, you have to start it all over. There is no saving your progress. I lost interest real quick, which is a shame because I thought it was going to be a great game.

I don't think I have ever rage quit from a video game. Although, I have had many times of being frustrated when I think I'm nearly a past a chapter, or section of the video game when I can't work out what the last part is. Sometimes I get annoyed when I don't win a match in Battle Royale too, but it's all part of the fun.