Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

What is your favorite lore?

I want explanations!!! Of why it is your favorite lore. Give us feelings!!! I want to eat your brain! Ok, how about that lore. I love zombie apocalypse or any apocalypse. But why? Because I love seeing human survival, companions you meet, start over, the awe. I also love fantasy games like the lore in Witcher 3. Subtle horror around every corner. The monsters were awesome and I love when monsters are given a personality.  Assassin’s Creed series mixing religion with GMO and AI, too complicated, which makes the lore so special. Valhalla has embraced a fantasy approach and I love it. And I have to mention the new ultimate lore for me today is Skyrim. Blood borne has excellent lore, but the game is too hard to enjoy. 
What exactly is it I like out of these games? Give me fantasy. My harsh reality says fuck this world. Let’s game 

Post apocalypse. I have always enjoyed seeing new worlds grow from the ashes of the old world. When done right, it can be truly fascinating to see how this new world survives, grows and evolves in term of social structure, laws, beliefs, traditions and so on. I also really enjoy seeing old tech' meeting new tech' in a creative way, something that goes hand in hand with post apocalyptic themes. Having ancient technology actually being more advanced is just cool idea that opens up a lot of possibilities.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

Post apocalypse. I have always enjoyed seeing new worlds grow from the ashes of the old world. When done right, it can be truly fascinating to see how this new world survives, grows and evolves in term of social structure, laws, beliefs, traditions and so on. I also really enjoy seeing old tech' meeting new tech' in a creative way, something that goes hand in hand with post apocalyptic themes. Having ancient technology actually being more advanced is just cool idea that opens up a lot of possibilities.

I love post apocalypse too. But I also love present apocalypse. I love seeing how the world falls apart; the beginning stages of it and mass mayhem. That moment when people don't really know what to do. You just see all the chaos. And the military comes in and tries to contain the problem to no avail. The mad scientists or labs that go to shit. Patient zero. When doctors discover they are dealing with something beyond their expertise. Then the post era, the threat of human nature to survival. People finding new companions, trying to rebuild something. I like coming across scenes where you know a struggle happened there and you get clues to what happened. Like at check points in Days Gone picking up recordings of getting overrun. Or notes in TLOU when you see a body. Even many years later, I like finding hints of how things once were like in Horizon Zero Dawn or Mad Max. I will always be a fan of apocalypse games. 

Medieval fantasy with dragons and magic and kinds of crazy world-ending events. It's probably why I like Elder Scrolls lore so much as well as DnD to a lesser extent. Mind you, the Elder Scrolls lore itself is inconsistent at times because some things have yet to be fully explained such as a major antagonist going from one race to another over 200 years. Mind you, there are artifacts which can make almost anything possible and they seem to exchange hands every century or so.

On 4/30/2023 at 12:57 PM, killamch89 said:

Medieval fantasy with dragons and magic and kinds of crazy world-ending events.

I have to agree here. Fantasy has always been my number one choice for games. It's why I love the Zelda franchise and the Castlevania franchise so much. They give me that fantasy genre in every entry, but also take a different approach to it. I've attempted to get into Skyrim and Witcher 3, but they just can't get their hooks into me.

On 5/5/2023 at 7:14 AM, The Blackangel said:

I have to agree here. Fantasy has always been my number one choice for games. It's why I love the Zelda franchise and the Castlevania franchise so much. They give me that fantasy genre in every entry, but also take a different approach to it. I've attempted to get into Skyrim and Witcher 3, but they just can't get their hooks into me.

The Witcher and Elder Scrolls isn't for everyone and Castlevania is one of my favorite lore in terms of fantasy. Dracula's tale is so flipping sad - it's one of the few times in a fantasy series where I actual feel for the villain. He's extremely well-written and a complex one. I also love Zelda although I'm not as invested in the lore but I do love the games.

I would have to go for present apocalypse but also past apocalypse as well. Being that I am someone who is quite scared of anything like an apocalypse whether it just be an apocalypse or whether it ends up being a zombie apocalypse, I also have a serious interest in it as well and love to watch things change and become ruins and then built up again. 

It's a weird one but something I would have to say is my favorite.