Register Now
Katri Marcell

Is Sony Arrogant Over The Crossplay Situation on Consoles?

This is something I've argued with a lot of people about. Everyone seems to be reasoning with Sony not allowing crossplay on Playstation 4 but in my opinion it is incredibly fan-hating. Ok, it's a big company and wants to profit out of their work but why not give players the opportunity to play with friends?

As a Switch owner it pains me that I can't play with my PS4 friends and I has ruined the image of the company for me. Since the former CEO said that money is the reason behind Sony's decision I hold a grudge against them. Do you feel "cheated" too?

I've got mixed feelings when it comes to the whole thing. One feeling that does stand out the most, however, is that I truly don't believe Sony will lose out by allowing cross-play, and so why decline people the chance of playing with their friends? But, and this is a biiiiig but, I also don't think Sony's arrogance will cost them anything drastic. People will always go out of their way to hype Sony up, and with games like The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding coming out, they'll soon be seen as the most beloved company. And this is coming from someone who loves Sony and their exclusives, lol.

I think it is all because of money. They don't want to lose revenue by allowing players to cross-play. Right now if you want to play with your PS4 friends, guess what, you have to go buy a PS4. That is constant revenue for Sony. Although, I think with all the new games coming out; Fortnite, PUBG, they really should start switching over. If we were still in early 2000's I could understand, but we are in 2018 now. Majority of people love cross-play due to the fact you can remain on your preferred system, but also play with all your friends. All in all, I hope they eventually switch to cross-play. I have a lot of friends on PS4 I would love to play along side.

In my opinion I think they are making a mistake not allowing crossplay.

A large reason is that yeah, you might miss out on more sales but on the other hand... say you have a PS4 and no gaming PC and have friends who play on PC. Are you going to spend a fuckload of money to buy a PC and then the game just to play with them? No, if you can you'd buy the game on your PS4 and play with them. It wouldn't hurt sales at all.

I am a big Sony fan and do most of my gaming on PS4 but this decision really disappoints me.  There is no real reason not to do this.  People who already have an Xbox are going to buy cross-platform games on Xbox, cross-platform games aren't getting anyone to switch consoles.  So why not allow interplay on those games.  They would still have their exclusives and interplay isn't as issue on those anyway.  Dumb decision. 

On 7/16/2018 at 8:44 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I was heartbroken when I realized I couldn't join my friend in Elder Scrolls Online because of the lack of crossplay 😞

Seriously, these guys only care about the benefits they would only get at the expense of satisfying their customers first. 

On 7/27/2018 at 7:30 PM, Joant73 said:

I am a big Sony fan and do most of my gaming on PS4 but this decision really disappoints me.  There is no real reason not to do this.  People who already have an Xbox are going to buy cross-platform games on Xbox, cross-platform games aren't getting anyone to switch consoles.  So why not allow interplay on those games.  They would still have their exclusives and interplay isn't as issue on those anyway.  Dumb decision. 

It's actually so frustrating for most Sony games fan to the extent that they all feel neglected by the company in giving them something to enjoy.