Register Now
DC

Anyone used Voicely App?

I was wondering if anyone here has used Voicely App. It’s a social media app for sharing snippets of your voice and listening to what others record. I was thinking it might be good for my mental health as an alternative to text-based platforms.   

On the whole, social media has been a mixed bag for my health. I’ve had a lot of great experiences on Reddit, but Twitter and FB have been black holes for me. I feel like Voicely has potential to be different, and that using actual voices to communicate might encourage more sincere, open and meaningful dialogue. If anyone here has tried it, I would love to hear your experiences!

On 5/3/2023 at 2:59 PM, DC said:

I was wondering if anyone here has used Voicely App. It’s a social media app for sharing snippets of your voice and listening to what others record. I was thinking it might be good for my mental health as an alternative to text-based platforms.   

On the whole, social media has been a mixed bag for my health. I’ve had a lot of great experiences on Reddit, but Twitter and FB have been black holes for me. I feel like Voicely has potential to be different, and that using actual voices to communicate might encourage more sincere, open and meaningful dialogue. If anyone here has tried it, I would love to hear your experiences!

To be honest, I've never used it myself. As a matter of fact, I've only heard of it a couple of times but I don't think I or anyone I know uses it. As for social media itself, I tend to stay away from unless I'm using it to talk to friends or business associates. I swear I've lost brain cells just being on social media - too many idiots who can't comprehend the basics.

This is something that is definitely new to me but it does sound interesting and definitely a different take on social media. 

It's no lie that social media can be bad for the mental health, the amount of times I have had to step away from social media due to my mental health is crazy. I can't say anyone I know uses this at the moment but I may check it out just out of curiosity. 

On 5/12/2023 at 12:16 PM, Shortie said:

This is something that is definitely new to me but it does sound interesting and definitely a different take on social media. 

It's no lie that social media can be bad for the mental health, the amount of times I have had to step away from social media due to my mental health is crazy. I can't say anyone I know uses this at the moment but I may check it out just out of curiosity. 

I swear that every time I go on social media outside of business or to keep in contact with friends, I lose a ton of brain cells with the amount of stupidity I'm exposed to and with other idiots supporting them.